Prince William, Kate Middleton Book Luxury Resort For Romantic Getaway In New Zealand
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Prince William and Kate Middleton will be holidaying in style in New Zealand. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have reportedly booked into the luxurious Matakauri Lodge in Queenstown when they tour the country in April.
According to the UK tabloid The Daily Mail, the couple will be staying in the romantic vacation retreat place for one night without Prince George.
They have allegedly booked the entire lodge, which includes four suites and six villas, to protect their privacy. They are expected to occupy in the Owner’s Cottage, which would allow them to enjoy a private balcony and admire the lake and mountain views from a Jacuzzi.
The hotel usually charges around $12,000 per night, but as British royals, William and Kate are paying cheaper. The paper added that “fortunately for New Zealand taxpayers, who are footing much of the bill of the tour, the lodge has been secured for a massively discounted rate of only a few hundred pounds for the night.”
After staying for one night at the Matakauri Lodge, William and Kate will then reunite with George at Government House in Wellington.
A rep for the lodge refused to confirm or deny the Duke and Duchess’ alleged visit, but said that their security would not be a problem.
“It’s all unsubstantiated at this time – any guests that we may or may not have in-house – but needless to say if something like that was to occur then security would be adequate,” the spokesman told Fairfax Media.
The couple will arrive in New Zealand on April 7 for a 10-day visit. They will have Prince George with them throughout the entire time, save for the night at the Queenstown luxury resort.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar