Prince William, Kate Middleton Book Luxury Resort For Romantic Getaway In New Zealand
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Prince William and Kate Middleton will be holidaying in style in New Zealand. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have reportedly booked into the luxurious Matakauri Lodge in Queenstown when they tour the country in April.
According to the UK tabloid The Daily Mail, the couple will be staying in the romantic vacation retreat place for one night without Prince George.
They have allegedly booked the entire lodge, which includes four suites and six villas, to protect their privacy. They are expected to occupy in the Owner’s Cottage, which would allow them to enjoy a private balcony and admire the lake and mountain views from a Jacuzzi.
The hotel usually charges around $12,000 per night, but as British royals, William and Kate are paying cheaper. The paper added that “fortunately for New Zealand taxpayers, who are footing much of the bill of the tour, the lodge has been secured for a massively discounted rate of only a few hundred pounds for the night.”
After staying for one night at the Matakauri Lodge, William and Kate will then reunite with George at Government House in Wellington.
A rep for the lodge refused to confirm or deny the Duke and Duchess’ alleged visit, but said that their security would not be a problem.
“It’s all unsubstantiated at this time – any guests that we may or may not have in-house – but needless to say if something like that was to occur then security would be adequate,” the spokesman told Fairfax Media.
The couple will arrive in New Zealand on April 7 for a 10-day visit. They will have Prince George with them throughout the entire time, save for the night at the Queenstown luxury resort.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
- MH17: Pro-Russian Rebel Confesses Firing on Plane by Mistake
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russians Feel Glut Over Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories on Downed Jet
- What May Have Happened to Malaysia Airlines MH17: 5 Strangest Conspiracy Theories; Crash Victim Had Frightening ‘Premonition’
- Refloated Italy Cruise Ship Costa Concordia Embarks Final Voyage, Bids Port of Giglio for the Very Last Time (PHOTOS)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales