Prince William, Kate Middleton Book Luxury Resort For Romantic Getaway In New Zealand
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Prince William and Kate Middleton will be holidaying in style in New Zealand. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have reportedly booked into the luxurious Matakauri Lodge in Queenstown when they tour the country in April.
According to the UK tabloid The Daily Mail, the couple will be staying in the romantic vacation retreat place for one night without Prince George.
They have allegedly booked the entire lodge, which includes four suites and six villas, to protect their privacy. They are expected to occupy in the Owner’s Cottage, which would allow them to enjoy a private balcony and admire the lake and mountain views from a Jacuzzi.
The hotel usually charges around $12,000 per night, but as British royals, William and Kate are paying cheaper. The paper added that “fortunately for New Zealand taxpayers, who are footing much of the bill of the tour, the lodge has been secured for a massively discounted rate of only a few hundred pounds for the night.”
After staying for one night at the Matakauri Lodge, William and Kate will then reunite with George at Government House in Wellington.
A rep for the lodge refused to confirm or deny the Duke and Duchess’ alleged visit, but said that their security would not be a problem.
“It’s all unsubstantiated at this time – any guests that we may or may not have in-house – but needless to say if something like that was to occur then security would be adequate,” the spokesman told Fairfax Media.
The couple will arrive in New Zealand on April 7 for a 10-day visit. They will have Prince George with them throughout the entire time, save for the night at the Queenstown luxury resort.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flights: MH17 Black Box Data Suggests Missile Attack; MH17 and MH370 Leads Malaysia Airlines to ‘Renaming and Rebranding’
- 5 Creepy (And Others--Amazing) Urban Legends From Australia
- Pm Abbott Goes Nuts over MH17 Mission
- MH17 Downing Violates International Law – World Leaders
- Belgian Rape Victim Revisits Sydney for Closure
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies