Darshan Visits Ambareesh in Singapore Hospital
By Sahaja K R | March 17, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Kannada actor Darshan visited Ambareesh at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on Saturday, 15 March. Darshan flew to Singapore along with producer Sandesh Nagraj and met the recovering actor, according to Chitraloka.com.
Kannada actor Ambareesh
Ambareesh, who is a famous Kannada actor and Karnataka State Housing Minister has been hospitalised since 21 February 2014. He was first admitted to Vikram Hospital in Bangalore when he complained of breathlessness. He was later shifted to the Singapore Hospital on 1 March via an air-ambulance. The actor, who is diagnosed of lung infection, is currently being treated there.
Ambareesh's wife Sumalatha and son Abhishek have been with him in Singapore since he was admitted there. The 61-year-old was taken off the ventilator and shifted out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Sumalatha had recently mentioned that Ambareesh is recovering well and the doctors will soon start his physiotherapy as he has been moved to the special ward.
When Ambareesh was taken to Singapore, his wife Sumalatha had clearly given a statement that the hospital is following a 'no visitor policy.' Even after the actor was shifted out the ICU, Sumalatha mentioned that visitors cannot meet Ambareesh. "He is doing quite well and resting a lot. He is in the special ward as it's not advisable for him to meet visitors, yet until he recuperates and gets stronger," Sumalatha was quoted as saying by The Times of India.
Actor Darshan who recently worked with Ambareesh in "Bulbul" is known to be close to the veteran and therefore paid a visit to him in Singapore. On the other side, Producer Sandesh is a good friend of Ambareesh as he has produced many of Ambareesh's films in the past.
Fans of Ambareesh are waiting for the return of the actor and rumour has it that the actor may be back in the city in a couple of weeks, according to Chitraloka.com.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools