Darshan Visits Ambareesh in Singapore Hospital
By Sahaja K R | March 17, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Kannada actor Darshan visited Ambareesh at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on Saturday, 15 March. Darshan flew to Singapore along with producer Sandesh Nagraj and met the recovering actor, according to Chitraloka.com.
Kannada actor Ambareesh
Ambareesh, who is a famous Kannada actor and Karnataka State Housing Minister has been hospitalised since 21 February 2014. He was first admitted to Vikram Hospital in Bangalore when he complained of breathlessness. He was later shifted to the Singapore Hospital on 1 March via an air-ambulance. The actor, who is diagnosed of lung infection, is currently being treated there.
Ambareesh's wife Sumalatha and son Abhishek have been with him in Singapore since he was admitted there. The 61-year-old was taken off the ventilator and shifted out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Sumalatha had recently mentioned that Ambareesh is recovering well and the doctors will soon start his physiotherapy as he has been moved to the special ward.
When Ambareesh was taken to Singapore, his wife Sumalatha had clearly given a statement that the hospital is following a 'no visitor policy.' Even after the actor was shifted out the ICU, Sumalatha mentioned that visitors cannot meet Ambareesh. "He is doing quite well and resting a lot. He is in the special ward as it's not advisable for him to meet visitors, yet until he recuperates and gets stronger," Sumalatha was quoted as saying by The Times of India.
Actor Darshan who recently worked with Ambareesh in "Bulbul" is known to be close to the veteran and therefore paid a visit to him in Singapore. On the other side, Producer Sandesh is a good friend of Ambareesh as he has produced many of Ambareesh's films in the past.
Fans of Ambareesh are waiting for the return of the actor and rumour has it that the actor may be back in the city in a couple of weeks, according to Chitraloka.com.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015