Nokia X, HTC Desire 816 Get 1 Million Pre-orders in China?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 17, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Previous announcement on the HTC Desire 816 revealed that the smartphone has raked in over 450,000 pre-orders in China. The latest reports claim the HTC Desire 816 pre-order numbers has now reached more than 1 million, similar to Nokia's announcement that the Nokia X got pre-ordered more than 1 million times in China.
The HTC's official Weibo account show that the HTC Desire 816 smartphone got more than 1 million pre-orders. However, G4Games reports that the so-called pre-orders, which HTC calls "0 yuan pre-order", did not actually require prospective customers to commit to anything. The pre-order set-up is the same as Nokia X, which also reached 1 million+ pre-orders. So while these pre-order figures show the market's interest for both HTC Desire 816 and Nokia X, this, in no way, measures the actual sales of these upcoming smartphones. The report further notes that actual sales could be much lower than 1 million.
The GSMArena report initially claimed the Nokia X, the first Android smartphone introduced at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) and has already been put up for sale in India and Malaysia, scored 1 million pre-orders in China. Nokia reveals via its Weibo account that this pre-order figure was reached in 4 days. Nokia does not have any prediction of its overall sales in China. However, the Finnish company is confident the Nokia X would be able to capture a considerable market share in the country.
However, the Web site's latest report revealed that the claim on the 1 million pre-orders in China was not true. "RetailerJD.com set up a contest where participants could hit a 'pre-order' button for a chance to win a Nokia X. The pre-orders didn't require you to register with the site or put any money down, which is not the norm for China," the report noted.
It was further pointed out that Nokia X Android smartphone may not have difficulty in attaining that number because the handset will be put up for sale with the low price tag of $100 unlocked. The Nokia X Android smartphone's shipping schedule across the country will take place on Tuesday, March 25, giving a few weeks more before finding out the final pre-order figures.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8 Phablet Can Support SanDisk's New 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- Blackberry Passport vs Nokia Lumia Icon: Which Smartphone Will Outdo the Other; Specifications and Price Comparisons
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes