Nokia X, HTC Desire 816 Get 1 Million Pre-orders in China?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 17, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Previous announcement on the HTC Desire 816 revealed that the smartphone has raked in over 450,000 pre-orders in China. The latest reports claim the HTC Desire 816 pre-order numbers has now reached more than 1 million, similar to Nokia's announcement that the Nokia X got pre-ordered more than 1 million times in China.
The HTC's official Weibo account show that the HTC Desire 816 smartphone got more than 1 million pre-orders. However, G4Games reports that the so-called pre-orders, which HTC calls "0 yuan pre-order", did not actually require prospective customers to commit to anything. The pre-order set-up is the same as Nokia X, which also reached 1 million+ pre-orders. So while these pre-order figures show the market's interest for both HTC Desire 816 and Nokia X, this, in no way, measures the actual sales of these upcoming smartphones. The report further notes that actual sales could be much lower than 1 million.
The GSMArena report initially claimed the Nokia X, the first Android smartphone introduced at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) and has already been put up for sale in India and Malaysia, scored 1 million pre-orders in China. Nokia reveals via its Weibo account that this pre-order figure was reached in 4 days. Nokia does not have any prediction of its overall sales in China. However, the Finnish company is confident the Nokia X would be able to capture a considerable market share in the country.
However, the Web site's latest report revealed that the claim on the 1 million pre-orders in China was not true. "RetailerJD.com set up a contest where participants could hit a 'pre-order' button for a chance to win a Nokia X. The pre-orders didn't require you to register with the site or put any money down, which is not the norm for China," the report noted.
It was further pointed out that Nokia X Android smartphone may not have difficulty in attaining that number because the handset will be put up for sale with the low price tag of $100 unlocked. The Nokia X Android smartphone's shipping schedule across the country will take place on Tuesday, March 25, giving a few weeks more before finding out the final pre-order figures.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8 Phablet Can Support SanDisk's New 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery