Nokia X, HTC Desire 816 Get 1 Million Pre-orders in China?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 17, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Previous announcement on the HTC Desire 816 revealed that the smartphone has raked in over 450,000 pre-orders in China. The latest reports claim the HTC Desire 816 pre-order numbers has now reached more than 1 million, similar to Nokia's announcement that the Nokia X got pre-ordered more than 1 million times in China.
The HTC's official Weibo account show that the HTC Desire 816 smartphone got more than 1 million pre-orders. However, G4Games reports that the so-called pre-orders, which HTC calls "0 yuan pre-order", did not actually require prospective customers to commit to anything. The pre-order set-up is the same as Nokia X, which also reached 1 million+ pre-orders. So while these pre-order figures show the market's interest for both HTC Desire 816 and Nokia X, this, in no way, measures the actual sales of these upcoming smartphones. The report further notes that actual sales could be much lower than 1 million.
The GSMArena report initially claimed the Nokia X, the first Android smartphone introduced at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) and has already been put up for sale in India and Malaysia, scored 1 million pre-orders in China. Nokia reveals via its Weibo account that this pre-order figure was reached in 4 days. Nokia does not have any prediction of its overall sales in China. However, the Finnish company is confident the Nokia X would be able to capture a considerable market share in the country.
However, the Web site's latest report revealed that the claim on the 1 million pre-orders in China was not true. "RetailerJD.com set up a contest where participants could hit a 'pre-order' button for a chance to win a Nokia X. The pre-orders didn't require you to register with the site or put any money down, which is not the norm for China," the report noted.
It was further pointed out that Nokia X Android smartphone may not have difficulty in attaining that number because the handset will be put up for sale with the low price tag of $100 unlocked. The Nokia X Android smartphone's shipping schedule across the country will take place on Tuesday, March 25, giving a few weeks more before finding out the final pre-order figures.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8 Phablet Can Support SanDisk's New 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’