Nokia X, HTC Desire 816 Get 1 Million Pre-orders in China?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 17, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Previous announcement on the HTC Desire 816 revealed that the smartphone has raked in over 450,000 pre-orders in China. The latest reports claim the HTC Desire 816 pre-order numbers has now reached more than 1 million, similar to Nokia's announcement that the Nokia X got pre-ordered more than 1 million times in China.
The HTC's official Weibo account show that the HTC Desire 816 smartphone got more than 1 million pre-orders. However, G4Games reports that the so-called pre-orders, which HTC calls "0 yuan pre-order", did not actually require prospective customers to commit to anything. The pre-order set-up is the same as Nokia X, which also reached 1 million+ pre-orders. So while these pre-order figures show the market's interest for both HTC Desire 816 and Nokia X, this, in no way, measures the actual sales of these upcoming smartphones. The report further notes that actual sales could be much lower than 1 million.
The GSMArena report initially claimed the Nokia X, the first Android smartphone introduced at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) and has already been put up for sale in India and Malaysia, scored 1 million pre-orders in China. Nokia reveals via its Weibo account that this pre-order figure was reached in 4 days. Nokia does not have any prediction of its overall sales in China. However, the Finnish company is confident the Nokia X would be able to capture a considerable market share in the country.
However, the Web site's latest report revealed that the claim on the 1 million pre-orders in China was not true. "RetailerJD.com set up a contest where participants could hit a 'pre-order' button for a chance to win a Nokia X. The pre-orders didn't require you to register with the site or put any money down, which is not the norm for China," the report noted.
It was further pointed out that Nokia X Android smartphone may not have difficulty in attaining that number because the handset will be put up for sale with the low price tag of $100 unlocked. The Nokia X Android smartphone's shipping schedule across the country will take place on Tuesday, March 25, giving a few weeks more before finding out the final pre-order figures.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8 Phablet Can Support SanDisk's New 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card - [READ]
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People