Veena Malik Blames Ex-Boyfriend for Anti-India Tweet, Approaches Mahesh Bhatt
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 17, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Controversial celebrity Veena Malik has tried to distance away from "India Sucks" tweet blaming jilted lover Prashant Singh for the fiasco.
Actress Veena Malik(File photo)
The Pakistani origin actress created a furore after her Anti-India tweet started trending and evoked mainly averse response.
Now the actress has tried to douse the controversy stating that her Twitter account has been hacked by Singh, her former secretary and also alleged ex-lover.
"My Twitter account was hacked in December, last year, by my digital manager from India, Prashant, who is part of a Mumbai-based web service company. I had a three-year contract with his company, but after two years I chose to discontinue the association. The company continued to keep a track of my account, but after I got married, Prashant started blackmailing me. He started demanding money and said that he would not give me my account details otherwise," the actress told Times of India and added "now this has been blown out of proportion. This morning, I woke up and saw this tweet. Though my husband is very supportive, it is embarrassing to trend for such a reason."
Malik and her husband Asad Bashir Khan Khattak further approached filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt with the situation because of his significant role in furthering the Indo-Pak relations.
Bhatt in speaking to the tabloid confirmed that the actress had approached him for help and said that he had talked to Prashant Singh on the actress' behest, but stepped aside after learning of the personal equation between the two.
"If this is a matter of the heart, I would step back...because in the matter of the heart, there is no easy solution. This is where my connection with this whole controversy begins and ends," told Bhatt to the tabloid.
When Malik married Khattak recently, the actress's ex-secretary Singh claimed that the actress had cheated him since they were in a live-in relation and later lodged a police complaint stating she committed fraud and took away his money.
Meanwhile, Singh also posted from his account on Saturday, "I can make people trend..."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools