Veena Malik Blames Ex-Boyfriend for Anti-India Tweet, Approaches Mahesh Bhatt
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 17, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Controversial celebrity Veena Malik has tried to distance away from "India Sucks" tweet blaming jilted lover Prashant Singh for the fiasco.
Actress Veena Malik(File photo)
The Pakistani origin actress created a furore after her Anti-India tweet started trending and evoked mainly averse response.
Now the actress has tried to douse the controversy stating that her Twitter account has been hacked by Singh, her former secretary and also alleged ex-lover.
"My Twitter account was hacked in December, last year, by my digital manager from India, Prashant, who is part of a Mumbai-based web service company. I had a three-year contract with his company, but after two years I chose to discontinue the association. The company continued to keep a track of my account, but after I got married, Prashant started blackmailing me. He started demanding money and said that he would not give me my account details otherwise," the actress told Times of India and added "now this has been blown out of proportion. This morning, I woke up and saw this tweet. Though my husband is very supportive, it is embarrassing to trend for such a reason."
Malik and her husband Asad Bashir Khan Khattak further approached filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt with the situation because of his significant role in furthering the Indo-Pak relations.
Bhatt in speaking to the tabloid confirmed that the actress had approached him for help and said that he had talked to Prashant Singh on the actress' behest, but stepped aside after learning of the personal equation between the two.
"If this is a matter of the heart, I would step back...because in the matter of the heart, there is no easy solution. This is where my connection with this whole controversy begins and ends," told Bhatt to the tabloid.
When Malik married Khattak recently, the actress's ex-secretary Singh claimed that the actress had cheated him since they were in a live-in relation and later lodged a police complaint stating she committed fraud and took away his money.
Meanwhile, Singh also posted from his account on Saturday, "I can make people trend..."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Lady Gaga Turns Greek Goddess In A Sea Shell Bra And Pair Of Thongs: Shares Racy Photos From Her Bathroom
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order