The Beckhams’ ‘Beckingham Palace’ Plus an Aston Martin and Two Jaguars Sold at £11.5 Million
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 3:25 PM EST
David and Victoria Beckham's Rownerbury House, or what is popularly known as the "Beckingham Palace," situated in Hertfordshire, has been sold at £11.5 million which is equivalent to more than $20 million dollars.
David Beckham smiles after a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. Former England soccer captain Beckham announced on Wednesday that he is exercising his option to become the owner of a Major League Soccer team in Miami. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
According to the Daily Mail, a 52-year-old multi-millionaire insurance tycoon named Neil Utley was the one who bought David and Victoria's sprawling 12-acre real estate property. Mr. Utley has already been living in the mansion since February, the British webloid further reported. He is the chairman of Hastings Direct, one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK.
In 2013, Mr. Utley has gotten into a predicament after he had admitted having detrimental behaviour during his time at Equity Red Star. He was ordered to pay £130,000 in court-hearing costs and was forbidden to work in the Lloyds market for a couple of years.
The wealthy businessman is at number 462 in the Sunday Times Rich List of 2012, The Mirror reported. Mr. Utley made his riches from insurance as well as a number of business establishments in the UK.
Aside from the property, Mr. Utley also received David and Victoria's Aston Martin and two Jaguars as part of the deal. It also has second house called a mini-Beckingham Palace, a woodland chapel, ancient ruins replica, garden, barbecue area, recording studio, indoor swimming pool, snooker room, gym, and a football pitch.
The "Beckingham Palace" was reportedly bought by David and Victoria in 1999, several months after they wed. They bought it for £2.5 million so they have earned £9 million profit from their recent deal with Mr. Utley. Three of their four kids, Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz, have lived in the house for a long time before their family moved to Spain because of David's football career. David and Victoria reportedly needed to sell the property to obtain cash to invest in their new mansion located in central London.
Recently, it has been reported that David and Victoria also bought the late fashion designer's Gianni Versace mansion in Miami for £36 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones