The Beckhams’ ‘Beckingham Palace’ Plus an Aston Martin and Two Jaguars Sold at £11.5 Million
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 3:25 PM EST
David and Victoria Beckham's Rownerbury House, or what is popularly known as the "Beckingham Palace," situated in Hertfordshire, has been sold at £11.5 million which is equivalent to more than $20 million dollars.
David Beckham smiles after a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. Former England soccer captain Beckham announced on Wednesday that he is exercising his option to become the owner of a Major League Soccer team in Miami. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
According to the Daily Mail, a 52-year-old multi-millionaire insurance tycoon named Neil Utley was the one who bought David and Victoria's sprawling 12-acre real estate property. Mr. Utley has already been living in the mansion since February, the British webloid further reported. He is the chairman of Hastings Direct, one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK.
In 2013, Mr. Utley has gotten into a predicament after he had admitted having detrimental behaviour during his time at Equity Red Star. He was ordered to pay £130,000 in court-hearing costs and was forbidden to work in the Lloyds market for a couple of years.
The wealthy businessman is at number 462 in the Sunday Times Rich List of 2012, The Mirror reported. Mr. Utley made his riches from insurance as well as a number of business establishments in the UK.
Aside from the property, Mr. Utley also received David and Victoria's Aston Martin and two Jaguars as part of the deal. It also has second house called a mini-Beckingham Palace, a woodland chapel, ancient ruins replica, garden, barbecue area, recording studio, indoor swimming pool, snooker room, gym, and a football pitch.
The "Beckingham Palace" was reportedly bought by David and Victoria in 1999, several months after they wed. They bought it for £2.5 million so they have earned £9 million profit from their recent deal with Mr. Utley. Three of their four kids, Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz, have lived in the house for a long time before their family moved to Spain because of David's football career. David and Victoria reportedly needed to sell the property to obtain cash to invest in their new mansion located in central London.
Recently, it has been reported that David and Victoria also bought the late fashion designer's Gianni Versace mansion in Miami for £36 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]