The Beckhams’ ‘Beckingham Palace’ Plus an Aston Martin and Two Jaguars Sold at £11.5 Million
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 3:25 PM EST
David and Victoria Beckham's Rownerbury House, or what is popularly known as the "Beckingham Palace," situated in Hertfordshire, has been sold at £11.5 million which is equivalent to more than $20 million dollars.
David Beckham smiles after a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. Former England soccer captain Beckham announced on Wednesday that he is exercising his option to become the owner of a Major League Soccer team in Miami. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
According to the Daily Mail, a 52-year-old multi-millionaire insurance tycoon named Neil Utley was the one who bought David and Victoria's sprawling 12-acre real estate property. Mr. Utley has already been living in the mansion since February, the British webloid further reported. He is the chairman of Hastings Direct, one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK.
In 2013, Mr. Utley has gotten into a predicament after he had admitted having detrimental behaviour during his time at Equity Red Star. He was ordered to pay £130,000 in court-hearing costs and was forbidden to work in the Lloyds market for a couple of years.
The wealthy businessman is at number 462 in the Sunday Times Rich List of 2012, The Mirror reported. Mr. Utley made his riches from insurance as well as a number of business establishments in the UK.
Aside from the property, Mr. Utley also received David and Victoria's Aston Martin and two Jaguars as part of the deal. It also has second house called a mini-Beckingham Palace, a woodland chapel, ancient ruins replica, garden, barbecue area, recording studio, indoor swimming pool, snooker room, gym, and a football pitch.
The "Beckingham Palace" was reportedly bought by David and Victoria in 1999, several months after they wed. They bought it for £2.5 million so they have earned £9 million profit from their recent deal with Mr. Utley. Three of their four kids, Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz, have lived in the house for a long time before their family moved to Spain because of David's football career. David and Victoria reportedly needed to sell the property to obtain cash to invest in their new mansion located in central London.
Recently, it has been reported that David and Victoria also bought the late fashion designer's Gianni Versace mansion in Miami for £36 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft