The Beckhams’ ‘Beckingham Palace’ Plus an Aston Martin and Two Jaguars Sold at £11.5 Million
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 3:25 PM EST
David and Victoria Beckham's Rownerbury House, or what is popularly known as the "Beckingham Palace," situated in Hertfordshire, has been sold at £11.5 million which is equivalent to more than $20 million dollars.
David Beckham smiles after a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. Former England soccer captain Beckham announced on Wednesday that he is exercising his option to become the owner of a Major League Soccer team in Miami. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
According to the Daily Mail, a 52-year-old multi-millionaire insurance tycoon named Neil Utley was the one who bought David and Victoria's sprawling 12-acre real estate property. Mr. Utley has already been living in the mansion since February, the British webloid further reported. He is the chairman of Hastings Direct, one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK.
In 2013, Mr. Utley has gotten into a predicament after he had admitted having detrimental behaviour during his time at Equity Red Star. He was ordered to pay £130,000 in court-hearing costs and was forbidden to work in the Lloyds market for a couple of years.
The wealthy businessman is at number 462 in the Sunday Times Rich List of 2012, The Mirror reported. Mr. Utley made his riches from insurance as well as a number of business establishments in the UK.
Aside from the property, Mr. Utley also received David and Victoria's Aston Martin and two Jaguars as part of the deal. It also has second house called a mini-Beckingham Palace, a woodland chapel, ancient ruins replica, garden, barbecue area, recording studio, indoor swimming pool, snooker room, gym, and a football pitch.
The "Beckingham Palace" was reportedly bought by David and Victoria in 1999, several months after they wed. They bought it for £2.5 million so they have earned £9 million profit from their recent deal with Mr. Utley. Three of their four kids, Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz, have lived in the house for a long time before their family moved to Spain because of David's football career. David and Victoria reportedly needed to sell the property to obtain cash to invest in their new mansion located in central London.
Recently, it has been reported that David and Victoria also bought the late fashion designer's Gianni Versace mansion in Miami for £36 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored