Madonna Dresses as ‘Game of Thrones’Character Daenerys Targaryen
By Sachin Trivedi | March 17, 2014 3:23 PM EST
The excitement is building as the release date of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 approaches. Madonna decided to dress up as Daenerys Targaryen, one of the most popular characters from the TV show.
The popularity of Daenerys Targaryen has reached celebrity status with many people catching the "Game of Thrones" fever. Madonna posted a picture on Instagram of herself in a Daenerys Targaryen costume which also had small dragon figures sitting on her shoulders.
The character of Daenerys has really grown over the past few years. With humble beginnings when she was married off by her brother to get an army she was seen as nothing more than an instrument or tool to be used by others.
As the seasons of "Game of Thrones" progressed Danerys became a strong leader of the Dothraki. The death of her husband Khal Drogo only made her stronger and she went on to perform the fire ritual to become the mother of dragons.
The strong personality that the character portrayers may be very inspiring to women. Madonna has won some praise from her fans for choosing to dress up as the mother of dragons. She posted the picture of herself with the caption - Happy Purim!!!!! All Hail All Queens! ##certainty.
Purim is a Jewish festival celebrated on the 14th of the Hebrew month of Adar. The celebration marks the day the Jewish people were saved from annihilation from the Persian Prime Minister Haman in 4th century BCE. People celebrate the festival by reading the megillah or the book of Esther, giving money to the poor, sending gifts to friends and by having a Purim feast.
Madonna was born a Roman Catholic but converted to the Jewish belief system Kabbalah. She took the Hebrew name Esther. Esther was the name of the Jewish queen of Persia, who saved her people from Haman.
Choosing to dress as Danerys may be a logical decision for the festival of Purim. The mother of dragon is also a strong queen of the free cities. The character from "Game of Thrones" has freed all the slaves from every city she has conquered.
The "Game of Thrones" Season 4 release date is on April 6 2014 and fans are eagerly waiting for their favorite show. Many fans are anxious to find out who will die next in the upcoming season and hope that their favorite character lives on.
More Articles to Read
Prank ATM Robbery Ends With Blood - Video Goes Viral [Read]
7 Year Old Stuns Judges in 'Norway's got Talent' TV Show - Video Goes Viral [Read]
Amazon Prime Rush - One Week Before Prices Hit $99 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install