Delayed Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Yields to Higher Expectations
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 17, 2014 2:36 PM EST
Delayed Google Nexus 10 2 release date prompted higher expectations from waiting fans, according to Android Origin.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
To the dismay of many Google fans, Nexus 10 2 still has not appeared in the market. Reliable tipster @evleaks tweeted October last year that Google's 10-inch tablet is coming soon with ASUS behind it. It hinted that the device was supposed to be released in November following the tablet's launch. However, the tablet skipped the alleged release date. It was followed by other supposed launch dates but the tablet is still missing in action.
Google still has not revealed the definite release date of the Google's full-fledged tablet. Latest rumours claimed that Nexus 10 2 will be released either in August at the company's annual I/O Conference. Other speculations claimed that the 10-inch metal slab will be introduced at a much later date.
Therefore, consumers tend to expect more from the tablet. Other consumers tend to look for other tablet alternatives for the said Android device. Some of the famous alternatives are Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and Nexus 10's brother - Nexus 7.
Google still has not confirmed which company it will work with in making the successor of Google Nexus 10. The first generation was made by Samsung. Some reports claimed that the South Korean company will make a comeback in making the tablet. However, other possible manufacturers that Google may tap are HTC and ASUS.
Some of Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight