Jharal Yow Yeh Announces Retirement from NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
A brilliant winger and who represented the nation and the state at the age of 22, Jharal Yow Yeh of Braisbane Broncos finally decided to call for his retirement
The news of his early retirement was announced last week. Yeh is just 24 years of age and his call was mainly due to health issues.
After his serious ankle injury in the year 2011, it was apparent that the trouble with his health is not likely to go away.
In light of his retirement, Yeh said, "I have been struggling in my head, trying to get my head around playing rugby league again. The decision was made last week for me, when I talked to Hook (coach Anthony Griffin) and my family and friends...."
"I'm happy this is off my back, the pressure is not there. I feel comfortable. I thank the Broncos for sticking by me. I've been here for a while and have been very humbled to put the jersey on."
Recounting his horrific injury, it happened in one match against South Sydney at Perth where his bones was protruded from the skin. The injury was so serious that many experts thought it could be the last game for Yeh.
However, despite such a serious setback, the Broncos star tried to regain his composure. He managed to play in the Intrust Super Cup, but his re-entry to NRL seems closed forever.
Having exhausted all possibilities, Yeh finally confirmed his departure.
He said, "I wanted to give myself every chance of playing first grade again. I knew, deep down inside, that I had it in me mentally but not physically. It was a fact that my ankle just doesn't want to agree with me anymore...."
"But in a weird way, this has been one of the best things that has happened to me. I met my girlfriend through this injury, I've made some really good friends outside of rugby league, I've done a lot of things outside of football that I've loved."
I gave it all. That's all I can really do."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown