Jharal Yow Yeh Announces Retirement from NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
A brilliant winger and who represented the nation and the state at the age of 22, Jharal Yow Yeh of Braisbane Broncos finally decided to call for his retirement
The news of his early retirement was announced last week. Yeh is just 24 years of age and his call was mainly due to health issues.
After his serious ankle injury in the year 2011, it was apparent that the trouble with his health is not likely to go away.
In light of his retirement, Yeh said, "I have been struggling in my head, trying to get my head around playing rugby league again. The decision was made last week for me, when I talked to Hook (coach Anthony Griffin) and my family and friends...."
"I'm happy this is off my back, the pressure is not there. I feel comfortable. I thank the Broncos for sticking by me. I've been here for a while and have been very humbled to put the jersey on."
Recounting his horrific injury, it happened in one match against South Sydney at Perth where his bones was protruded from the skin. The injury was so serious that many experts thought it could be the last game for Yeh.
However, despite such a serious setback, the Broncos star tried to regain his composure. He managed to play in the Intrust Super Cup, but his re-entry to NRL seems closed forever.
Having exhausted all possibilities, Yeh finally confirmed his departure.
He said, "I wanted to give myself every chance of playing first grade again. I knew, deep down inside, that I had it in me mentally but not physically. It was a fact that my ankle just doesn't want to agree with me anymore...."
"But in a weird way, this has been one of the best things that has happened to me. I met my girlfriend through this injury, I've made some really good friends outside of rugby league, I've done a lot of things outside of football that I've loved."
I gave it all. That's all I can really do."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS