Jharal Yow Yeh Announces Retirement from NRL
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
A brilliant winger and who represented the nation and the state at the age of 22, Jharal Yow Yeh of Braisbane Broncos finally decided to call for his retirement
The news of his early retirement was announced last week. Yeh is just 24 years of age and his call was mainly due to health issues.
After his serious ankle injury in the year 2011, it was apparent that the trouble with his health is not likely to go away.
In light of his retirement, Yeh said, "I have been struggling in my head, trying to get my head around playing rugby league again. The decision was made last week for me, when I talked to Hook (coach Anthony Griffin) and my family and friends...."
"I'm happy this is off my back, the pressure is not there. I feel comfortable. I thank the Broncos for sticking by me. I've been here for a while and have been very humbled to put the jersey on."
Recounting his horrific injury, it happened in one match against South Sydney at Perth where his bones was protruded from the skin. The injury was so serious that many experts thought it could be the last game for Yeh.
However, despite such a serious setback, the Broncos star tried to regain his composure. He managed to play in the Intrust Super Cup, but his re-entry to NRL seems closed forever.
Having exhausted all possibilities, Yeh finally confirmed his departure.
He said, "I wanted to give myself every chance of playing first grade again. I knew, deep down inside, that I had it in me mentally but not physically. It was a fact that my ankle just doesn't want to agree with me anymore...."
"But in a weird way, this has been one of the best things that has happened to me. I met my girlfriend through this injury, I've made some really good friends outside of rugby league, I've done a lot of things outside of football that I've loved."
I gave it all. That's all I can really do."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report