Angelina Jolie Addresses 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumors, ‘Maleficent’ Premieres on May 30
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 1:32 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie was rumored to be a possible helmer for E.L. James book adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" even before Sam Taylor-Wood signed up for directorship. Now, the star addresses the rumors during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
When asked about the upcoming BDSM film "Fifty Shades of Grey" during an interview the mother of six let out a long laugh as she revealed the reason why she didn't take the project. "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film," she explained as she turned red and blushed about the question.
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam [Taylor-Johnson] does with Fifty Shades and she's amazing," she continued. "I-I think they're just ... it's funny, I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
The Oscar-winning actress recently finished her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey," and she is set to direct another true-story drama "Unbroken." Based on the story of World War hero and Olympian Louis Zamperini, "Unbroken" stars Jack O'Connell as Louis Zamperini, Garrett Hedlund, Domhnall Gleeson and Jai Courtney.
"The films that I've directed are both real stories," Jolie explained. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Now, the actress is prepping for the premiere of "Maleficent" on May 30 as she portrays the Mistress of All Evil. Thanks to her sophisticated grace and innate seductiveness, Angelina glammed up for Brothers Grimm folk tale and 1959's animated "Sleeping Beauty."
With yellow eyes and ruby smile, Jolie is set to dominate the theaters on May 30 with her new $200 million film. "Maleficent" is a PG-rated version of the "Sleeping Beauty" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone