Angelina Jolie Addresses 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumors, ‘Maleficent’ Premieres on May 30
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 1:32 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie was rumored to be a possible helmer for E.L. James book adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" even before Sam Taylor-Wood signed up for directorship. Now, the star addresses the rumors during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
When asked about the upcoming BDSM film "Fifty Shades of Grey" during an interview the mother of six let out a long laugh as she revealed the reason why she didn't take the project. "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film," she explained as she turned red and blushed about the question.
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam [Taylor-Johnson] does with Fifty Shades and she's amazing," she continued. "I-I think they're just ... it's funny, I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
The Oscar-winning actress recently finished her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey," and she is set to direct another true-story drama "Unbroken." Based on the story of World War hero and Olympian Louis Zamperini, "Unbroken" stars Jack O'Connell as Louis Zamperini, Garrett Hedlund, Domhnall Gleeson and Jai Courtney.
"The films that I've directed are both real stories," Jolie explained. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Now, the actress is prepping for the premiere of "Maleficent" on May 30 as she portrays the Mistress of All Evil. Thanks to her sophisticated grace and innate seductiveness, Angelina glammed up for Brothers Grimm folk tale and 1959's animated "Sleeping Beauty."
With yellow eyes and ruby smile, Jolie is set to dominate the theaters on May 30 with her new $200 million film. "Maleficent" is a PG-rated version of the "Sleeping Beauty" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2