Angelina Jolie Addresses 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumors, ‘Maleficent’ Premieres on May 30
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 1:32 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie was rumored to be a possible helmer for E.L. James book adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" even before Sam Taylor-Wood signed up for directorship. Now, the star addresses the rumors during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
When asked about the upcoming BDSM film "Fifty Shades of Grey" during an interview the mother of six let out a long laugh as she revealed the reason why she didn't take the project. "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film," she explained as she turned red and blushed about the question.
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam [Taylor-Johnson] does with Fifty Shades and she's amazing," she continued. "I-I think they're just ... it's funny, I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
The Oscar-winning actress recently finished her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey," and she is set to direct another true-story drama "Unbroken." Based on the story of World War hero and Olympian Louis Zamperini, "Unbroken" stars Jack O'Connell as Louis Zamperini, Garrett Hedlund, Domhnall Gleeson and Jai Courtney.
"The films that I've directed are both real stories," Jolie explained. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Now, the actress is prepping for the premiere of "Maleficent" on May 30 as she portrays the Mistress of All Evil. Thanks to her sophisticated grace and innate seductiveness, Angelina glammed up for Brothers Grimm folk tale and 1959's animated "Sleeping Beauty."
With yellow eyes and ruby smile, Jolie is set to dominate the theaters on May 30 with her new $200 million film. "Maleficent" is a PG-rated version of the "Sleeping Beauty" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored