Angelina Jolie Addresses 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rumors, ‘Maleficent’ Premieres on May 30
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 1:32 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie was rumored to be a possible helmer for E.L. James book adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" even before Sam Taylor-Wood signed up for directorship. Now, the star addresses the rumors during an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
When asked about the upcoming BDSM film "Fifty Shades of Grey" during an interview the mother of six let out a long laugh as she revealed the reason why she didn't take the project. "I came very clear out of the gate: after 'Blood and Honey', if I ever directed again, it would have to be a certain kind of film," she explained as she turned red and blushed about the question.
"You know, I'm looking forward to seeing what Sam [Taylor-Johnson] does with Fifty Shades and she's amazing," she continued. "I-I think they're just ... it's funny, I think with directing, you just think: I'm better at telling some stories than others but um, who knows?"
The Oscar-winning actress recently finished her critically-acclaimed directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey," and she is set to direct another true-story drama "Unbroken." Based on the story of World War hero and Olympian Louis Zamperini, "Unbroken" stars Jack O'Connell as Louis Zamperini, Garrett Hedlund, Domhnall Gleeson and Jai Courtney.
"The films that I've directed are both real stories," Jolie explained. "Even though the first one I wrote, it was based in history and you have such a responsibility - you have to be very careful of how you balance it. One day it might be fun to direct something where I don't have to be so careful. I can be completely, completely um ... bold and wild and irreverent and dark."
Now, the actress is prepping for the premiere of "Maleficent" on May 30 as she portrays the Mistress of All Evil. Thanks to her sophisticated grace and innate seductiveness, Angelina glammed up for Brothers Grimm folk tale and 1959's animated "Sleeping Beauty."
With yellow eyes and ruby smile, Jolie is set to dominate the theaters on May 30 with her new $200 million film. "Maleficent" is a PG-rated version of the "Sleeping Beauty" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June