Samsung News: Galaxy S3 Kitkat Update Dated, S5 Zoom Specs Leaked; and Samsung Galaxy Beam Still Coming
By Gel Galang | March 17, 2014 1:18 PM EST
When the Samsung Galaxy S4 was released last year, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom followed shortly, introducing features found in the new handset with other modified features that were unique to the Galaxy S4 Zoom.
It seems that the same trend of providing a number of options apart from the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the Korean company's next goal for the 2014 unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
CNet reports that new details have emerged on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom, which is also rumoured to debut shortly after the Samsung Galaxy S5 craze mellows down a bit.
The source states that the follow-up to the flagship will introduced a 20-megapixel camera which is an upgrade from the 16-megapixel on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. There will also be a 2-megapixel front camera as well as a hexa-core processor powering the new device. The hexa-core processor may be Samsung's Exynos 5 Hexa six-core chipset.
These details come from new benchmarks spotted for the device, which seem to bear the model name SM-C115. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom may also release with the Android 4.2 Kitkat, have a 4.8-inch 720p display (noticeably lower than the Samsung Galaxy S5), 2GB of RAM and 8GB of internal memory storage.
Given that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom will also be targeting those who want a better camera phone that switches out to become a smartphone, this latest device does improve on most of the features of its predecessor, while serving as a pretty good other choice for those who may not want to opt for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
One possible change that it can feature for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom would be to tweak the design a bit to give the new model a slimmer look.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to get Kitkat update
Another Samsung handset is being set to receive the Android 4.42 Kitkat Update, and this has been confirmed to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. According to Softpedia, this was based on the tweet from Bell Mobility, the wireless network service in Canada. "Galaxy Note 3 should be updated by Monday."
Seeing as how other Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets are already getting the Kitkat update, it seems that the Galaxy Note 3 will not be forgotten. In addition, another Canadian carrier has announced the availability of the Android 4.42 Kitkat update to be heading soon for Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 3 users.
Galaxy Beam 2014 in the works
Even though Samsung's first smartphone hybrid of a phone and projector, the Samsung Galaxy Beam, was not a complete success compared to its other handsets, that's not stopping the company from creating a successor to the original prototype.
Digital Trends has spotted new information that point to the specifications of the phone, including a 4.66-inch WVGA display, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and the Android 4.2.2 running behind the scenes.
Obviously, this is far from the great specs that most smartphones are already touting. But given that the main focus of the phone is to have the capabilities of a projector, it's already a big leap from the specs offered by the prototype.
The link even provides an image of the device as early as now, which you can check out at the link above. Will Samsung's upcoming Beam handset be worth the make? Or is it another handset destined to be received a lukewarm response at most?
Read more gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones