Samsung News: Galaxy S3 Kitkat Update Dated, S5 Zoom Specs Leaked; and Samsung Galaxy Beam Still Coming
By Gel Galang | March 17, 2014 1:18 PM EST
When the Samsung Galaxy S4 was released last year, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom followed shortly, introducing features found in the new handset with other modified features that were unique to the Galaxy S4 Zoom.
It seems that the same trend of providing a number of options apart from the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the Korean company's next goal for the 2014 unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
CNet reports that new details have emerged on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom, which is also rumoured to debut shortly after the Samsung Galaxy S5 craze mellows down a bit.
The source states that the follow-up to the flagship will introduced a 20-megapixel camera which is an upgrade from the 16-megapixel on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. There will also be a 2-megapixel front camera as well as a hexa-core processor powering the new device. The hexa-core processor may be Samsung's Exynos 5 Hexa six-core chipset.
These details come from new benchmarks spotted for the device, which seem to bear the model name SM-C115. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom may also release with the Android 4.2 Kitkat, have a 4.8-inch 720p display (noticeably lower than the Samsung Galaxy S5), 2GB of RAM and 8GB of internal memory storage.
Given that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom will also be targeting those who want a better camera phone that switches out to become a smartphone, this latest device does improve on most of the features of its predecessor, while serving as a pretty good other choice for those who may not want to opt for the Samsung Galaxy S5.
One possible change that it can feature for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom would be to tweak the design a bit to give the new model a slimmer look.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to get Kitkat update
Another Samsung handset is being set to receive the Android 4.42 Kitkat Update, and this has been confirmed to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. According to Softpedia, this was based on the tweet from Bell Mobility, the wireless network service in Canada. "Galaxy Note 3 should be updated by Monday."
Seeing as how other Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets are already getting the Kitkat update, it seems that the Galaxy Note 3 will not be forgotten. In addition, another Canadian carrier has announced the availability of the Android 4.42 Kitkat update to be heading soon for Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 3 users.
Galaxy Beam 2014 in the works
Even though Samsung's first smartphone hybrid of a phone and projector, the Samsung Galaxy Beam, was not a complete success compared to its other handsets, that's not stopping the company from creating a successor to the original prototype.
Digital Trends has spotted new information that point to the specifications of the phone, including a 4.66-inch WVGA display, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and the Android 4.2.2 running behind the scenes.
Obviously, this is far from the great specs that most smartphones are already touting. But given that the main focus of the phone is to have the capabilities of a projector, it's already a big leap from the specs offered by the prototype.
The link even provides an image of the device as early as now, which you can check out at the link above. Will Samsung's upcoming Beam handset be worth the make? Or is it another handset destined to be received a lukewarm response at most?
Read more gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal