Lamar Odom Grateful but Embarrassed After Bailing Out on 2-Month Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Lamar Odom is grateful, but at the same time feels embarrassed for not being able to finish his two-month basketball contract in Spain. For Lamar, nothing could be disappointing than losing the opportunity to show everyone that he can still play good in his sport.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
F1 Racers Felipe Massa and Sebastian Vettel Pay Tribute to Michael Schumacher at Australian Grand Prix
Lamar flew to the U.S. on March 10 because he needed a second opinion for his back injury. At first, it was reported that the former National Basketball Association (NBA) player was still expected to return to Spain on the weekend. However, Lamar ended up terminating his contract with Baskonia altogether.
According to ABC.es, Lamar had to repeal his contract due to lumbar radiculitis. The doctors in New York that the 34-year-old basketball player visited said that he should remain idle for a period of up to two months for him to completely heal. For this reason, Lamar had to withdraw from his basketball contract with Baskonia. Nonetheless, the Spanish basketball club fully understands the situation. They are still open for the possibility of signing Lamar again in the future, in light of developments from his injury and once he has completely recovered from it.
The Spanish news Web site further reported that Lamar is grateful for the club for giving him the opportunity to play for them. He expressed his appreciation for all the support that he had received all throughout the 21 days that he stayed in Vitoria.
Lamar said via the official Web site of Baskonia that he would like to still represent the club. "I want to try and get back out there and give a good show for the people of Vitoria, with integrity and pride," said Lamar.
Despite the very short time that he stayed in Vitoria, he had such a good relationship with everyone there. "There is a home waiting for me now in Vitoria and Baskonia, it's a place that I will always go back," said Lamar. "I am grateful to the fans for the support and understanding, not only to people but to everyone in Baskonia and Vitoria who has shown me much appreciation as a person not just as a basketball player," Lamar added.
Lamar said that he also feels a little bit embarrassed by what happened, but said that the support that he received from everyone meant a lot to him.
Lamar has only played a total of 22 minutes in two games for Baskonia.
Watch a clip of Lamar playing for Baskonia here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best