Lamar Odom Grateful but Embarrassed After Bailing Out on 2-Month Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Lamar Odom is grateful, but at the same time feels embarrassed for not being able to finish his two-month basketball contract in Spain. For Lamar, nothing could be disappointing than losing the opportunity to show everyone that he can still play good in his sport.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
Lamar flew to the U.S. on March 10 because he needed a second opinion for his back injury. At first, it was reported that the former National Basketball Association (NBA) player was still expected to return to Spain on the weekend. However, Lamar ended up terminating his contract with Baskonia altogether.
According to ABC.es, Lamar had to repeal his contract due to lumbar radiculitis. The doctors in New York that the 34-year-old basketball player visited said that he should remain idle for a period of up to two months for him to completely heal. For this reason, Lamar had to withdraw from his basketball contract with Baskonia. Nonetheless, the Spanish basketball club fully understands the situation. They are still open for the possibility of signing Lamar again in the future, in light of developments from his injury and once he has completely recovered from it.
The Spanish news Web site further reported that Lamar is grateful for the club for giving him the opportunity to play for them. He expressed his appreciation for all the support that he had received all throughout the 21 days that he stayed in Vitoria.
Lamar said via the official Web site of Baskonia that he would like to still represent the club. "I want to try and get back out there and give a good show for the people of Vitoria, with integrity and pride," said Lamar.
Despite the very short time that he stayed in Vitoria, he had such a good relationship with everyone there. "There is a home waiting for me now in Vitoria and Baskonia, it's a place that I will always go back," said Lamar. "I am grateful to the fans for the support and understanding, not only to people but to everyone in Baskonia and Vitoria who has shown me much appreciation as a person not just as a basketball player," Lamar added.
Lamar said that he also feels a little bit embarrassed by what happened, but said that the support that he received from everyone meant a lot to him.
Lamar has only played a total of 22 minutes in two games for Baskonia.
Watch a clip of Lamar playing for Baskonia here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter