Lamar Odom Grateful but Embarrassed After Bailing Out on 2-Month Basketball Contract in Spain
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 17, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Lamar Odom is grateful, but at the same time feels embarrassed for not being able to finish his two-month basketball contract in Spain. For Lamar, nothing could be disappointing than losing the opportunity to show everyone that he can still play good in his sport.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
Lamar flew to the U.S. on March 10 because he needed a second opinion for his back injury. At first, it was reported that the former National Basketball Association (NBA) player was still expected to return to Spain on the weekend. However, Lamar ended up terminating his contract with Baskonia altogether.
According to ABC.es, Lamar had to repeal his contract due to lumbar radiculitis. The doctors in New York that the 34-year-old basketball player visited said that he should remain idle for a period of up to two months for him to completely heal. For this reason, Lamar had to withdraw from his basketball contract with Baskonia. Nonetheless, the Spanish basketball club fully understands the situation. They are still open for the possibility of signing Lamar again in the future, in light of developments from his injury and once he has completely recovered from it.
The Spanish news Web site further reported that Lamar is grateful for the club for giving him the opportunity to play for them. He expressed his appreciation for all the support that he had received all throughout the 21 days that he stayed in Vitoria.
Lamar said via the official Web site of Baskonia that he would like to still represent the club. "I want to try and get back out there and give a good show for the people of Vitoria, with integrity and pride," said Lamar.
Despite the very short time that he stayed in Vitoria, he had such a good relationship with everyone there. "There is a home waiting for me now in Vitoria and Baskonia, it's a place that I will always go back," said Lamar. "I am grateful to the fans for the support and understanding, not only to people but to everyone in Baskonia and Vitoria who has shown me much appreciation as a person not just as a basketball player," Lamar added.
Lamar said that he also feels a little bit embarrassed by what happened, but said that the support that he received from everyone meant a lot to him.
Lamar has only played a total of 22 minutes in two games for Baskonia.
Watch a clip of Lamar playing for Baskonia here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones