Titanfall Oculus Rift VR Support Still Possible and Generation 10 Pilot Spotted
By Gel Galang | March 17, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Titanfall is already out and being enjoyed by a number of gamers but it seems that another feature, which was not available at launch is now being looked into by developer Respawn Entertainment.
For those who want to experience firsthand the beauty of virtual reality support via the Oculus Rift, support for this feature in Titanfall may actually still be possible sometime in the future.
Digital Spy reports that Abbie Heppe, community manager of Titanfall, has mentioned that Oculus Rift VR support was not optimized by the team when working with the title, hence the failure to include the feature in the game for the launch date.
"We've been so busy just trying to get the game out. That is one of those things that we will evaluate post launch," said Heppe in a statement quoted by Digital Spy. "We have them in the office, we've definitely played around with them, but that was more a side project for some of our coders."
This does not confirm that Oculus Rift will indeed be heading to Titanfall in the future, as there have been no confirmations that a build of Titanfall already exists that has Oculus Rift VR support. But there is mention of a demo that features the Oculus Rift in conjunction with the Xbox-exclusive title.
Player already achieves Generation 10 Pilot status
Less than a week after the release of Titanfall, there is already one player who has managed to receive one of the coveted titles and achievements in the game.
MP1st has spotted the Redditor who claims to be the first Generation 10 pilot ever for Respawn's Titanfall game. The Redditor DownTuClown has posted the notice, which states that he has achieved three days, nine hours, and five minutes of gaming to receive the final Generation.
According to the data found for Generation 10 pilots, reaching this level will make you lose all the data that the player has unlocked, and will have to go back to level 1. The challenges will all be reset, but earning XP will be at an accelerated rate of 350% as a Generation 10 Pilot. All that you will be able to retain are the burn cards as well as the Ogre and Stryder Titans that have been unlocked. What will set you apart is a unique chip that will indicate to other players the Generation 10 Pilot status.
There are no standards to compare the stats with or create any kind of official records or leaderboards, but Respawn's Vince Zampella also congratulated DownTuClown for his achievements, which can hint at the authenticity of it.
After this, it may only be a matter of time until more gamers start posting achievements of the game.
Read more gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight