‘The Young and the Restless’ Casting Spoilers: Adam Newman Returning Sooner in ‘Y&R’; Actor Trevor St. John Can Replace Michael Muhney [Speculation]
By jaskiran kaur | March 17, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Ever since Michael Muhney exited "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R), fans have been anxious about the future of his character Adam Newman. For a long time it was being speculated if fan-favorite character of long-running daytime soap opera will return or not, after he met an explosive accident with Billy Abbott (Billy Miller). Since then there have been frequent switches in the cast of "The Young and the Restless." Some of the changes in the cast included Billy Miller being replaced by David Tom and Cynthia Watros being replaced by Cady McClain. According to the latest update on "Y&R," Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) is allegedly exiting the show and CBS is now hunting for Michael Muhney replacement. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
Fans can take comfort in the fact that it has been confirmed on "Y&R" that Adam Newman is alive and he is most likely to return. Victor Newman located an eyewitness who revealed that Adam is not dead. This means the show is getting closer to bring back the much-loved character and it is laying the ground for his much-awaited return.
A Celebrity Dirty Laundry report revealed that creator Jill Farren Phelps will bring back Adam Newman "sooner rather than later." The Web site speculated that the "Y&R" will pursue "cosmetic-surgery-after-being-burned soap storyline" when a new actor reprises role of Adam Newman character. Keeping that in mind, the Web site infers that show makers must look out for an actor who bears a resemblance to Michael Muhney.
Michael Muhney was allegedly fired from "The Young and the Restless" after being accused of sexually harassing a much younger actress, Hunter King (Summer). Fans actively protested when the actor was abruptly dismissed from the long running daily soap. Rumors swirled around claiming fans would boycott the show if Michael Muhney were to be replaced. It is clear that fans will not be too welcoming of the new actor who will now be playing Adam Newman on "Y&R."
Another report by Celebrity Dirty Laundry reported that fans may like to see Trevor St. John as Adam Newman. Trevor St. John is an actor who is known for his role of he character Victor Lord Jr. in ABC's "One Life to Live." The actor has reportedly appeared in more than 100 episodes of the show. It is said that he actor bears "uncanny resemblance" to Michael Muhney. Web site speculates that Trevor St. John "could easily fill Muhney's shoes as Adam Newman."
It has not been confirmed who will play Michael Muhney's Adam Newman's role on "Y&R." But Radar Online recently reported that CBS is involved in "active auditions." Producers reportedly wish to find someone who "audience will grow to love." Do you think Trevor St. John is that actor who audience will eventually fall in love with while he replaces Michael Muhney and plays his character Adam Newman in "The Young and the Restless?" Let us know your thoughts in comment section below.
For more spoilers on "The Young and the Restless," and Adam Newman character, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage