Android 4.4.2 Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 Guide: UK Release and More
By Precious Silva | March 17, 2014 12:17 PM EST
Android 4.4 KitKat has debuted for quite some time now. However, similar to how other Samsung galaxy devices got previous updates, it takes a while before Samsung finishes a roll out. This is natural as Samsung does not have instant access to update codes just like other manufacturer. Unless Google provides an earlier code or access then update of devices will come soon. According to the Korean tech giant, it plans on finishing the Android 4.4. KitKat update roll out this first quarter of 2014 including for products like Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
According to analysts, one of the main reasons for the delay or slow roll out of updates for Samsung is the tweaking of the TouchWiz. The Korean tech giant has to make the necessary improvements to ensure the interface and the updates are compatible. The company has also has to test if the combination will work well with different Galaxy platforms.
Fortunately, those in the United Kingdom started receiving their Android 4.4.2 KitKat update starting the week of March 12. Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 owners were treated to the roll out. The update has made the news a few times but confirmation has not been made unlike now.
The Android 4.4.3 KitKat update is available for Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 devices with BTU region code. The OTA should just be around the corner with a 400MB mark. This is normal for these types of devices. The Android 4.4 KitKat update offers more changes than the Android 4.3. This time people can expect the update to change the status bar appearance with more transparency and white color scheme. There is also lockscreen camera shortcut. Under the hood, people can expect changes in the performance and battery life.
Samsung Galaxy S5 will reportedly sport a different TouchWiz despite the same operating system. Analysts expect Samsung to roll out the TouchWiz enhancements on Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 devices soon. It should after April when the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released. People who do not want to wait for the update can root and manually update their devices. Users are advised to be careful when using custom ROMs as they can be risky and unstable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James