Lamar Odom Officially Quits Spanish Basketball Team After Back Injury, Will This be the End of His Basketball Career?
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 10:14 AM EST
Catching a break seemed to be hard for Lamar Odom as he officially quit the Spanish basketball team Laboral Kutxa after suffering a back injury. The former reality star of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" basketball career took a nose dive after joining the Spanish Baskonia team for less than a month.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
The news about the end of his Spanish basketball career was exclusively confirmed by Us Weekly and Odom will take a leave of absence to seek medical help. The athlete is currently suffering to Lumbar Radiculitis, a painful spinal injury that causes severe lower back pain.
"The tests carried out in New York by Lamar Odom's trusted medical team, with the knowledge of the club, have shown that the player is suffering from lumbar radiculitis, which could keep him out of action for up to two months," revealed by Laboral Kutxa spokesman to Us Weekly. "The player therefore terminates his current contractual relationship with the club. The north American pivot will complete his recovery in the United States."
Since he signed up for the Spanish team, Odom only played a total of 22 minutes in two games. But despite the disappointments, Lamar is keeping his head up and still in the positive side as his injury is beyond his control.
"This is something beyond my control," says Khloe Kardashian's estranged husband. "There's a difference between a part of your body that's hurt and a part of your body that's injured. It's up to me as a responsible athlete to - if I'm injured - to take care of it. I think everything happens for a reason."
The basketball player is also thankful for his team for understanding his situation and for their continuous support. He also thanked the people who continued to support and who believed in him even outside the basketball court.
"Now I have a home away from home all the time. There's a place I will always look forward to come back to and I look forward to getting on the court as soon as possible," he concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate