Johnny Depp & Amber Heard’s Medieval Inspired Star-Studded Engagement Party
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 10:11 AM EST
After they announced their engagement in January, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard celebrated their upcoming wedding with a star-studded party. Held at the Carondelet House in Los Angeles on Friday, the medieval inspired engagement party was attended with 100 guests close to the handsome couple.
Actress Amber Heard poses at the opening of the Dolce & Gabbana flagship boutique in Los Angeles December 15, 2008, benefiting the Art of Elysium, a non-profit organization bringing creative projects to children who are battling serious medical conditions.
The venue is quite far off the beaten Hollywood path, about 15 miles east of Johnny's mansion, and nestled among high rises in downtown LA. Built in 1928, the Carondelet House is an Italian villa and has been remodelled into a Renaissance-era home.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor looks so dapper in a black suit with matching fedora while his young bride-to-be shows off some skin in a beige camisole with a spaghetti straps and a black high-waisted skirt. The 50-year-old actor and the 27-year-old actress met in the set of their movie "The Rum Diary," and went public of their relationship a year after Johnny announced his separation from Vanessa Paradis.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," a source told People in mid-January. "Amber has really taken to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. She's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
It was reported that Depp propose to Amber on Christmas Eve in 2013 but it was on January that the engagement was made public. Although the date has not been announced for the couple's wedding, the two stars partnered once again in "London Fields" where Johnny made a cameo.
Johnny's mother Betty Sue Palmer made a rare appearance for his son's engagement including his two children, Lily-Rose and Jack, with ex Vanessa Paradis. According E! News source, a velvet envelope with initials "A and J" is the golden ticket for the event and guests were escorted to a tent with red velvet curtains.
Other guests includes rock icon Steven Tyler, Marilyn Manson, Andy Garcia, music producer Rick Rubin and Mandy Moore with husband Ryan Adams. Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer is also in attendance together with Johnny's tattoo artist Mark Mahoney of Shamrock.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff