Johnny Depp & Amber Heard’s Medieval Inspired Star-Studded Engagement Party
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 10:11 AM EST
After they announced their engagement in January, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard celebrated their upcoming wedding with a star-studded party. Held at the Carondelet House in Los Angeles on Friday, the medieval inspired engagement party was attended with 100 guests close to the handsome couple.
Actress Amber Heard poses at the opening of the Dolce & Gabbana flagship boutique in Los Angeles December 15, 2008, benefiting the Art of Elysium, a non-profit organization bringing creative projects to children who are battling serious medical conditions.
The venue is quite far off the beaten Hollywood path, about 15 miles east of Johnny's mansion, and nestled among high rises in downtown LA. Built in 1928, the Carondelet House is an Italian villa and has been remodelled into a Renaissance-era home.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor looks so dapper in a black suit with matching fedora while his young bride-to-be shows off some skin in a beige camisole with a spaghetti straps and a black high-waisted skirt. The 50-year-old actor and the 27-year-old actress met in the set of their movie "The Rum Diary," and went public of their relationship a year after Johnny announced his separation from Vanessa Paradis.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," a source told People in mid-January. "Amber has really taken to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. She's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
It was reported that Depp propose to Amber on Christmas Eve in 2013 but it was on January that the engagement was made public. Although the date has not been announced for the couple's wedding, the two stars partnered once again in "London Fields" where Johnny made a cameo.
Johnny's mother Betty Sue Palmer made a rare appearance for his son's engagement including his two children, Lily-Rose and Jack, with ex Vanessa Paradis. According E! News source, a velvet envelope with initials "A and J" is the golden ticket for the event and guests were escorted to a tent with red velvet curtains.
Other guests includes rock icon Steven Tyler, Marilyn Manson, Andy Garcia, music producer Rick Rubin and Mandy Moore with husband Ryan Adams. Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer is also in attendance together with Johnny's tattoo artist Mark Mahoney of Shamrock.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James