Johnny Depp & Amber Heard’s Medieval Inspired Star-Studded Engagement Party
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 10:11 AM EST
After they announced their engagement in January, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard celebrated their upcoming wedding with a star-studded party. Held at the Carondelet House in Los Angeles on Friday, the medieval inspired engagement party was attended with 100 guests close to the handsome couple.
Actress Amber Heard poses at the opening of the Dolce & Gabbana flagship boutique in Los Angeles December 15, 2008, benefiting the Art of Elysium, a non-profit organization bringing creative projects to children who are battling serious medical conditions.
The venue is quite far off the beaten Hollywood path, about 15 miles east of Johnny's mansion, and nestled among high rises in downtown LA. Built in 1928, the Carondelet House is an Italian villa and has been remodelled into a Renaissance-era home.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor looks so dapper in a black suit with matching fedora while his young bride-to-be shows off some skin in a beige camisole with a spaghetti straps and a black high-waisted skirt. The 50-year-old actor and the 27-year-old actress met in the set of their movie "The Rum Diary," and went public of their relationship a year after Johnny announced his separation from Vanessa Paradis.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," a source told People in mid-January. "Amber has really taken to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. She's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
It was reported that Depp propose to Amber on Christmas Eve in 2013 but it was on January that the engagement was made public. Although the date has not been announced for the couple's wedding, the two stars partnered once again in "London Fields" where Johnny made a cameo.
Johnny's mother Betty Sue Palmer made a rare appearance for his son's engagement including his two children, Lily-Rose and Jack, with ex Vanessa Paradis. According E! News source, a velvet envelope with initials "A and J" is the golden ticket for the event and guests were escorted to a tent with red velvet curtains.
Other guests includes rock icon Steven Tyler, Marilyn Manson, Andy Garcia, music producer Rick Rubin and Mandy Moore with husband Ryan Adams. Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer is also in attendance together with Johnny's tattoo artist Mark Mahoney of Shamrock.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal