Johnny Depp & Amber Heard’s Medieval Inspired Star-Studded Engagement Party
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 10:11 AM EST
After they announced their engagement in January, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard celebrated their upcoming wedding with a star-studded party. Held at the Carondelet House in Los Angeles on Friday, the medieval inspired engagement party was attended with 100 guests close to the handsome couple.
Actress Amber Heard poses at the opening of the Dolce & Gabbana flagship boutique in Los Angeles December 15, 2008, benefiting the Art of Elysium, a non-profit organization bringing creative projects to children who are battling serious medical conditions.
The venue is quite far off the beaten Hollywood path, about 15 miles east of Johnny's mansion, and nestled among high rises in downtown LA. Built in 1928, the Carondelet House is an Italian villa and has been remodelled into a Renaissance-era home.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor looks so dapper in a black suit with matching fedora while his young bride-to-be shows off some skin in a beige camisole with a spaghetti straps and a black high-waisted skirt. The 50-year-old actor and the 27-year-old actress met in the set of their movie "The Rum Diary," and went public of their relationship a year after Johnny announced his separation from Vanessa Paradis.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," a source told People in mid-January. "Amber has really taken to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. She's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
It was reported that Depp propose to Amber on Christmas Eve in 2013 but it was on January that the engagement was made public. Although the date has not been announced for the couple's wedding, the two stars partnered once again in "London Fields" where Johnny made a cameo.
Johnny's mother Betty Sue Palmer made a rare appearance for his son's engagement including his two children, Lily-Rose and Jack, with ex Vanessa Paradis. According E! News source, a velvet envelope with initials "A and J" is the golden ticket for the event and guests were escorted to a tent with red velvet curtains.
Other guests includes rock icon Steven Tyler, Marilyn Manson, Andy Garcia, music producer Rick Rubin and Mandy Moore with husband Ryan Adams. Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer is also in attendance together with Johnny's tattoo artist Mark Mahoney of Shamrock.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery