Johnny Depp & Amber Heard’s Medieval Inspired Star-Studded Engagement Party
By Riza Ornos | March 17, 2014 10:11 AM EST
After they announced their engagement in January, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard celebrated their upcoming wedding with a star-studded party. Held at the Carondelet House in Los Angeles on Friday, the medieval inspired engagement party was attended with 100 guests close to the handsome couple.
Actress Amber Heard poses at the opening of the Dolce & Gabbana flagship boutique in Los Angeles December 15, 2008, benefiting the Art of Elysium, a non-profit organization bringing creative projects to children who are battling serious medical conditions.
The venue is quite far off the beaten Hollywood path, about 15 miles east of Johnny's mansion, and nestled among high rises in downtown LA. Built in 1928, the Carondelet House is an Italian villa and has been remodelled into a Renaissance-era home.
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor looks so dapper in a black suit with matching fedora while his young bride-to-be shows off some skin in a beige camisole with a spaghetti straps and a black high-waisted skirt. The 50-year-old actor and the 27-year-old actress met in the set of their movie "The Rum Diary," and went public of their relationship a year after Johnny announced his separation from Vanessa Paradis.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," a source told People in mid-January. "Amber has really taken to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. She's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
It was reported that Depp propose to Amber on Christmas Eve in 2013 but it was on January that the engagement was made public. Although the date has not been announced for the couple's wedding, the two stars partnered once again in "London Fields" where Johnny made a cameo.
Johnny's mother Betty Sue Palmer made a rare appearance for his son's engagement including his two children, Lily-Rose and Jack, with ex Vanessa Paradis. According E! News source, a velvet envelope with initials "A and J" is the golden ticket for the event and guests were escorted to a tent with red velvet curtains.
Other guests includes rock icon Steven Tyler, Marilyn Manson, Andy Garcia, music producer Rick Rubin and Mandy Moore with husband Ryan Adams. Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer is also in attendance together with Johnny's tattoo artist Mark Mahoney of Shamrock.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia