Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Did Boeing 777 Pilot Hijack the Plane as Anti-Government Protest Over Sodomy Conviction of Anwar Ibrahim?
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 17, 2014 3:12 AM EST
More evidence is cropping up indicating the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 was hijacked by its own pilot, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah. The 53-year-old aviator appeared to have done it as a form of government protest,
Malaysia's opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim is greeted by his supporters as he arrives for the "Free Anwar" rally in Kuala Lumpur.
Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Are the Hijackers of the Missing Jet Linked to Same Group Behind 9/11 Attack?
Malaysia Airlines MH370 Caused Earthquake after it Crashed into Sea? China University Links ‘Seafloor Event’ to Catastrophic Plunge of Aircraft
Daily Mail reports that Mr Zaharie is "a fanatical supporter" of Anwar Ibrahim, former deputy prime minister of Malaysia and current opposition leader. Mr Anwar was sentenced last week to five years prison term for sodomy.
The plane disappeared a day after the court decision against Mr Anwar while the jet was on its way to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur. On that day, the pilot was pictured wearing a T-shirt with the message "Democracy is Dead," and was seen attending the trial of Mr Anwar at a court in Putrajaya. By 9 pm of the same day, he left for the airport to fly the ill-fated jet.
The daily also reported that Mr Zaharie's wife and three children left their home before the Boeing 777 went missing.
Malaysian authorities raided on Sunday the pilot's residence in Kuala Lumpur and found a flight simulator that he built. A senior police official said the simulator appear to normal ones that players can use to practice flying and landing in different conditions.
Supporters of the Opposition leader believe he was just framed up and the conviction is part of a smear campaign by the current government led by Prime Minister Najib Razak.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’