BNP Paribas Open 2014 Women’s Final: Flavia Pennetta vs. Agnieszka Radwanska Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Early in the tournament Flavia Pennetta did not believe she had what it takes to make the championship round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California. But after a huge upset victory in the semifinal round, she’s now a believer that she can go all the way to the WTA title.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Pennetta v Li
Penneta from Italy beat top seed Li Na of China in the final four, 7-6 (5), 6-3 to advance to the final against Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska, who defeated Simona Halep of Romania in the other semis match, 6-3, 6-4.
"In the beginning of the week if you told me, 'You're going to make the final here,' I would have said, 'Mmmm, I don't think so!' So I'm really happy. I'm happy with my game,” said Pennetta in an article in the tournament’s official website.
Pennetta needs to remain in form against second seed Radwanska who leads the head-to-head series, 4-2.
“What I was trying to do was play aggressively from the beginning of the match and just try to go for my shots,” said Radwanska after her match against Halep. “I was lucky. I think I was serving better than other days, so that helped today as well. I think it was a pretty good match.”
Radwanska has won three of the last four matches between the two but Pennetta was victorious in the last one— a 6-4, 6-1 win in the Round of 16 of the Dubai Tennis Championships last February.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Women’s Final Betting Odds
Flavia Pennetta (Italy) vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland)
Match Odds: Pennetta (2.87) vs. Radwanska (1.42)
Game Handicap: Pennetta (+3.5) vs. Radwanska (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install