BNP Paribas Open 2014 Women’s Final: Flavia Pennetta vs. Agnieszka Radwanska Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Early in the tournament Flavia Pennetta did not believe she had what it takes to make the championship round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California. But after a huge upset victory in the semifinal round, she’s now a believer that she can go all the way to the WTA title.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Pennetta v Li
Penneta from Italy beat top seed Li Na of China in the final four, 7-6 (5), 6-3 to advance to the final against Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska, who defeated Simona Halep of Romania in the other semis match, 6-3, 6-4.
"In the beginning of the week if you told me, 'You're going to make the final here,' I would have said, 'Mmmm, I don't think so!' So I'm really happy. I'm happy with my game,” said Pennetta in an article in the tournament’s official website.
Pennetta needs to remain in form against second seed Radwanska who leads the head-to-head series, 4-2.
“What I was trying to do was play aggressively from the beginning of the match and just try to go for my shots,” said Radwanska after her match against Halep. “I was lucky. I think I was serving better than other days, so that helped today as well. I think it was a pretty good match.”
Radwanska has won three of the last four matches between the two but Pennetta was victorious in the last one— a 6-4, 6-1 win in the Round of 16 of the Dubai Tennis Championships last February.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Women’s Final Betting Odds
Flavia Pennetta (Italy) vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland)
Match Odds: Pennetta (2.87) vs. Radwanska (1.42)
Game Handicap: Pennetta (+3.5) vs. Radwanska (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows