BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final: Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Roger Federer beat Alexandr Dolgopolov in two easy sets and Novak Djokovic defeated John Isner in three tough sets in the semifinals to set-up a high-profile final in the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Isner v Djokovic
Federer won to the tune of 6-3, 6-1 against the Ukrainian, who already served the upset of the tournament in beating Rafael Nadal in the third round.
However, Dolgopolov couldn’t duplicate the form he showed against Nadal and previous matches leading up to the match versus Federer. He was totally outclassed by the former world number one, who has yet to lose a set at Indian Wells.
Meanwhile Djokovic, who is the 2nd seed in this tourney, had to go to a third set against the hard-fighting American. Novak won a close first set, 7-5 before Isner took the second set tiebreaker, 7-2. The Serbian finally got his game going in the third to dominate the final set, 6-1.
The Serbian is expecting another classic against Federer in the finals.
“So it's always tense. It's always emotional. It's always close,” said Djokovic when asked of his past clashes with Federer.
The pair has met thirty-two times before the match-up at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Final, scheduled to start at 8 am AEDT on Monday.
Federer holds the slight edge over Djokovic, 17-15 in their head-to-head series and he has also won the last meeting-- a 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships.
“So we played quite a bit recently, which helps both of us with some info. We don't have to go way back. I think he's fresh and eager to really try and win this if he makes the finals clearly, because he hasn't played many tournaments yet this season,” said Federer of Djokovic after winning his semifinals match.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Finals Betting Odds
Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Match Odds: Federer (2.40) vs. Djokovic (1.57)
Game Handicap: Federer (+2.5) vs. Djokovic (-2.5)
Watch the BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final between Federer and Djokovic LIVE via the tournament's official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS