BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final: Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Roger Federer beat Alexandr Dolgopolov in two easy sets and Novak Djokovic defeated John Isner in three tough sets in the semifinals to set-up a high-profile final in the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Isner v Djokovic
Federer won to the tune of 6-3, 6-1 against the Ukrainian, who already served the upset of the tournament in beating Rafael Nadal in the third round.
However, Dolgopolov couldn’t duplicate the form he showed against Nadal and previous matches leading up to the match versus Federer. He was totally outclassed by the former world number one, who has yet to lose a set at Indian Wells.
Meanwhile Djokovic, who is the 2nd seed in this tourney, had to go to a third set against the hard-fighting American. Novak won a close first set, 7-5 before Isner took the second set tiebreaker, 7-2. The Serbian finally got his game going in the third to dominate the final set, 6-1.
The Serbian is expecting another classic against Federer in the finals.
“So it's always tense. It's always emotional. It's always close,” said Djokovic when asked of his past clashes with Federer.
The pair has met thirty-two times before the match-up at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Final, scheduled to start at 8 am AEDT on Monday.
Federer holds the slight edge over Djokovic, 17-15 in their head-to-head series and he has also won the last meeting-- a 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships.
“So we played quite a bit recently, which helps both of us with some info. We don't have to go way back. I think he's fresh and eager to really try and win this if he makes the finals clearly, because he hasn't played many tournaments yet this season,” said Federer of Djokovic after winning his semifinals match.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Finals Betting Odds
Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Match Odds: Federer (2.40) vs. Djokovic (1.57)
Game Handicap: Federer (+2.5) vs. Djokovic (-2.5)
Watch the BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final between Federer and Djokovic LIVE via the tournament's official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report