BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final: Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Roger Federer beat Alexandr Dolgopolov in two easy sets and Novak Djokovic defeated John Isner in three tough sets in the semifinals to set-up a high-profile final in the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Isner v Djokovic
Federer won to the tune of 6-3, 6-1 against the Ukrainian, who already served the upset of the tournament in beating Rafael Nadal in the third round.
However, Dolgopolov couldn’t duplicate the form he showed against Nadal and previous matches leading up to the match versus Federer. He was totally outclassed by the former world number one, who has yet to lose a set at Indian Wells.
Meanwhile Djokovic, who is the 2nd seed in this tourney, had to go to a third set against the hard-fighting American. Novak won a close first set, 7-5 before Isner took the second set tiebreaker, 7-2. The Serbian finally got his game going in the third to dominate the final set, 6-1.
The Serbian is expecting another classic against Federer in the finals.
“So it's always tense. It's always emotional. It's always close,” said Djokovic when asked of his past clashes with Federer.
The pair has met thirty-two times before the match-up at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Final, scheduled to start at 8 am AEDT on Monday.
Federer holds the slight edge over Djokovic, 17-15 in their head-to-head series and he has also won the last meeting-- a 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships.
“So we played quite a bit recently, which helps both of us with some info. We don't have to go way back. I think he's fresh and eager to really try and win this if he makes the finals clearly, because he hasn't played many tournaments yet this season,” said Federer of Djokovic after winning his semifinals match.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Finals Betting Odds
Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Match Odds: Federer (2.40) vs. Djokovic (1.57)
Game Handicap: Federer (+2.5) vs. Djokovic (-2.5)
Watch the BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final between Federer and Djokovic LIVE via the tournament's official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown