BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final: Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Roger Federer beat Alexandr Dolgopolov in two easy sets and Novak Djokovic defeated John Isner in three tough sets in the semifinals to set-up a high-profile final in the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Isner v Djokovic
Federer won to the tune of 6-3, 6-1 against the Ukrainian, who already served the upset of the tournament in beating Rafael Nadal in the third round.
However, Dolgopolov couldn’t duplicate the form he showed against Nadal and previous matches leading up to the match versus Federer. He was totally outclassed by the former world number one, who has yet to lose a set at Indian Wells.
Meanwhile Djokovic, who is the 2nd seed in this tourney, had to go to a third set against the hard-fighting American. Novak won a close first set, 7-5 before Isner took the second set tiebreaker, 7-2. The Serbian finally got his game going in the third to dominate the final set, 6-1.
The Serbian is expecting another classic against Federer in the finals.
“So it's always tense. It's always emotional. It's always close,” said Djokovic when asked of his past clashes with Federer.
The pair has met thirty-two times before the match-up at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Final, scheduled to start at 8 am AEDT on Monday.
Federer holds the slight edge over Djokovic, 17-15 in their head-to-head series and he has also won the last meeting-- a 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships.
“So we played quite a bit recently, which helps both of us with some info. We don't have to go way back. I think he's fresh and eager to really try and win this if he makes the finals clearly, because he hasn't played many tournaments yet this season,” said Federer of Djokovic after winning his semifinals match.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Finals Betting Odds
Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Match Odds: Federer (2.40) vs. Djokovic (1.57)
Game Handicap: Federer (+2.5) vs. Djokovic (-2.5)
Watch the BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final between Federer and Djokovic LIVE via the tournament's official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS