BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final: Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Roger Federer beat Alexandr Dolgopolov in two easy sets and Novak Djokovic defeated John Isner in three tough sets in the semifinals to set-up a high-profile final in the BNP Paribas Open 2014 in Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Isner v Djokovic
Federer won to the tune of 6-3, 6-1 against the Ukrainian, who already served the upset of the tournament in beating Rafael Nadal in the third round.
However, Dolgopolov couldn’t duplicate the form he showed against Nadal and previous matches leading up to the match versus Federer. He was totally outclassed by the former world number one, who has yet to lose a set at Indian Wells.
Meanwhile Djokovic, who is the 2nd seed in this tourney, had to go to a third set against the hard-fighting American. Novak won a close first set, 7-5 before Isner took the second set tiebreaker, 7-2. The Serbian finally got his game going in the third to dominate the final set, 6-1.
The Serbian is expecting another classic against Federer in the finals.
“So it's always tense. It's always emotional. It's always close,” said Djokovic when asked of his past clashes with Federer.
The pair has met thirty-two times before the match-up at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Final, scheduled to start at 8 am AEDT on Monday.
Federer holds the slight edge over Djokovic, 17-15 in their head-to-head series and he has also won the last meeting-- a 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 victory in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships.
“So we played quite a bit recently, which helps both of us with some info. We don't have to go way back. I think he's fresh and eager to really try and win this if he makes the finals clearly, because he hasn't played many tournaments yet this season,” said Federer of Djokovic after winning his semifinals match.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Finals Betting Odds
Roger Federer (Switzerland) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Match Odds: Federer (2.40) vs. Djokovic (1.57)
Game Handicap: Federer (+2.5) vs. Djokovic (-2.5)
Watch the BNP Paribas Open 2014 Final between Federer and Djokovic LIVE via the tournament's official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho's Free-Transfer Ploy On Khedira Working, After Latter Refused To Pen New Real Madrid Deal
- Spanish Super Cup Second Leg Preview
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports