Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Are the Hijackers of the Missing Jet Linked to Same Group Behind 9/11 Attack?
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 16, 2014 8:36 PM EST
The mystery behind the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 deepens further as latest report returns to terrorism, however, the possible suspects are no longer the two Iranian men with stolen passports, but the plane's pilot and the same group behind the 9/11 attack in the U.S.
A man travelling on a stolen passport on the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was a young Iranian who has no links to terrorists.
Al Qaeda informant Saajid Badat, a Muslim from Gloucester born in Britain, told a court on Tuesday that Malaysian men were planning to take control of a jet by using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door, News.com.au quoted a Daily Telegraph report.
He made the revelation in a New York court via a video testimony at the trial of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, the son-in-law of Osama Bin Laden.
Mr Badat disclosed that he met four Malaysian jihadists in Afghanistan and gave them the shoe bomb so they could control the plane. He said one of them is a pilot, although he did not specify if he is referring to Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah of the MAH 370.
It is also unclear if the Malaysian plotters he met are the same group behind the disappearance of Flight 370 since the meeting took place likely before Mr Badat's arrest in 2003. He was part of another plot to blow up a jet in 2001 using also a shoe bomb, but he backed out at the last minute. He has been serving his 13-year prison term since 2003 after pleading guilty to conspiracy to blow a U.S.-bound jet.
He identified the mastermind of the Malaysian plot as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the man behind the deadly 9/11 attacks in New York in 2001.
Malaysian authorities raided the homes of Mr Shah and his co-pilots and found an elaborate flight simulator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family