Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Are the Hijackers of the Missing Jet Linked to Same Group Behind 9/11 Attack?
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 16, 2014 8:36 PM EST
The mystery behind the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 deepens further as latest report returns to terrorism, however, the possible suspects are no longer the two Iranian men with stolen passports, but the plane's pilot and the same group behind the 9/11 attack in the U.S.
A man travelling on a stolen passport on the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was a young Iranian who has no links to terrorists.
Al Qaeda informant Saajid Badat, a Muslim from Gloucester born in Britain, told a court on Tuesday that Malaysian men were planning to take control of a jet by using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door, News.com.au quoted a Daily Telegraph report.
He made the revelation in a New York court via a video testimony at the trial of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, the son-in-law of Osama Bin Laden.
Mr Badat disclosed that he met four Malaysian jihadists in Afghanistan and gave them the shoe bomb so they could control the plane. He said one of them is a pilot, although he did not specify if he is referring to Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah of the MAH 370.
It is also unclear if the Malaysian plotters he met are the same group behind the disappearance of Flight 370 since the meeting took place likely before Mr Badat's arrest in 2003. He was part of another plot to blow up a jet in 2001 using also a shoe bomb, but he backed out at the last minute. He has been serving his 13-year prison term since 2003 after pleading guilty to conspiracy to blow a U.S.-bound jet.
He identified the mastermind of the Malaysian plot as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the man behind the deadly 9/11 attacks in New York in 2001.
Malaysian authorities raided the homes of Mr Shah and his co-pilots and found an elaborate flight simulator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- No Charges Against 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl Who Accidentally Shoots to Death Arizona Gun Instructor (VIDEO)
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Judge Redfoo Hurt After Attacker Threw Glass At Him in Sydney Hotel
- Schapelle Corby’s Boyfriend Ben Panangian Arrested on Drug Charges
- Court Rejects Corinna Schumacher’s Lawsuit Against German Media That Published Her Photos En Route To Michael Schumacher’s Hospital
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0