Box Office Collection: 'Queen' Performs Better than 'Bewakoofiyaan'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Bollywood films "Queen" and "Bewakoofiyaan".
The collections of Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer "Bewakoofiyaan" has not seen much growth on the second day of its release.
The romantic comedy entertainer opened to poor response on the first day of its release and earned only ₹2.23 crore nett. However, the film's performance was expected to improve on the second day (Saturday, 15 March) but it failed to see much growth.
"Bewakoofiyaan" earned ₹2.51 crore on Saturday, taking its two-day total to ₹4.74 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Bewakoofiyaan Fri 2.23 cr, Sat 2.51 cr. Total: ₹4.74 cr nett. India biz," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted.
Directed by Nupur Asthana, "Bewakoofiyaan" has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role. The film received mixed reviews from critics upon its release.
The ongoing exams and relatively low buzz seem to have affected the film's performance. However, the Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer has an advantage of a four-day weekend, considering that Monday is also a holiday due to Holi festival. Moreover, the film had a solo release with no big competition from other films, barring Kangana Ranaut's "Queen".
It remains to be seen as to how "Bewakoofiyaan" fares on Sunday (16 March) and Monday (17 March).
Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" is still going strong even in its second week at the Indian box office. The film, which released on 7 March, received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Despite releasing in more than 1,000 screens, "Queen" had a dull start on the first day of its release. The film earned ₹1.75 crore nett on day 1, but it witnessed significant growth in its business during the first weekend and earned ₹10 crore nett at the Indian box office.
Although "Queen" released along with two other new films, it performed well and emerged on top. The film has done solid business during the weekdays as well, and still continues to dominate at the Indian box office.
The Kangana-starrer earned ₹2.15 crore on the second Friday (14 March) and ₹3.75 crore on second Saturday (15 March), which was far better than "Bewakoofiyaan" collections.
The film's nine-day collections stand at ₹24.75 crore nett. '#Queen [Week 2] Fri 2.15 cr, Sat 3.75 cr. Grand total: ₹ 24.75 cr nett. India biz," Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Queen" is expected to end its second week on a good note.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko