Box Office Collection: 'Queen' Performs Better than 'Bewakoofiyaan'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Bollywood films "Queen" and "Bewakoofiyaan".
The collections of Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer "Bewakoofiyaan" has not seen much growth on the second day of its release.
The romantic comedy entertainer opened to poor response on the first day of its release and earned only ₹2.23 crore nett. However, the film's performance was expected to improve on the second day (Saturday, 15 March) but it failed to see much growth.
"Bewakoofiyaan" earned ₹2.51 crore on Saturday, taking its two-day total to ₹4.74 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Bewakoofiyaan Fri 2.23 cr, Sat 2.51 cr. Total: ₹4.74 cr nett. India biz," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted.
Directed by Nupur Asthana, "Bewakoofiyaan" has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role. The film received mixed reviews from critics upon its release.
The ongoing exams and relatively low buzz seem to have affected the film's performance. However, the Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer has an advantage of a four-day weekend, considering that Monday is also a holiday due to Holi festival. Moreover, the film had a solo release with no big competition from other films, barring Kangana Ranaut's "Queen".
It remains to be seen as to how "Bewakoofiyaan" fares on Sunday (16 March) and Monday (17 March).
Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" is still going strong even in its second week at the Indian box office. The film, which released on 7 March, received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Despite releasing in more than 1,000 screens, "Queen" had a dull start on the first day of its release. The film earned ₹1.75 crore nett on day 1, but it witnessed significant growth in its business during the first weekend and earned ₹10 crore nett at the Indian box office.
Although "Queen" released along with two other new films, it performed well and emerged on top. The film has done solid business during the weekdays as well, and still continues to dominate at the Indian box office.
The Kangana-starrer earned ₹2.15 crore on the second Friday (14 March) and ₹3.75 crore on second Saturday (15 March), which was far better than "Bewakoofiyaan" collections.
The film's nine-day collections stand at ₹24.75 crore nett. '#Queen [Week 2] Fri 2.15 cr, Sat 3.75 cr. Grand total: ₹ 24.75 cr nett. India biz," Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Queen" is expected to end its second week on a good note.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier