Box Office Collection: 'Queen' Performs Better than 'Bewakoofiyaan'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Bollywood films "Queen" and "Bewakoofiyaan".
The collections of Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer "Bewakoofiyaan" has not seen much growth on the second day of its release.
The romantic comedy entertainer opened to poor response on the first day of its release and earned only ₹2.23 crore nett. However, the film's performance was expected to improve on the second day (Saturday, 15 March) but it failed to see much growth.
"Bewakoofiyaan" earned ₹2.51 crore on Saturday, taking its two-day total to ₹4.74 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Bewakoofiyaan Fri 2.23 cr, Sat 2.51 cr. Total: ₹4.74 cr nett. India biz," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted.
Directed by Nupur Asthana, "Bewakoofiyaan" has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role. The film received mixed reviews from critics upon its release.
The ongoing exams and relatively low buzz seem to have affected the film's performance. However, the Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer has an advantage of a four-day weekend, considering that Monday is also a holiday due to Holi festival. Moreover, the film had a solo release with no big competition from other films, barring Kangana Ranaut's "Queen".
It remains to be seen as to how "Bewakoofiyaan" fares on Sunday (16 March) and Monday (17 March).
Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" is still going strong even in its second week at the Indian box office. The film, which released on 7 March, received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Despite releasing in more than 1,000 screens, "Queen" had a dull start on the first day of its release. The film earned ₹1.75 crore nett on day 1, but it witnessed significant growth in its business during the first weekend and earned ₹10 crore nett at the Indian box office.
Although "Queen" released along with two other new films, it performed well and emerged on top. The film has done solid business during the weekdays as well, and still continues to dominate at the Indian box office.
The Kangana-starrer earned ₹2.15 crore on the second Friday (14 March) and ₹3.75 crore on second Saturday (15 March), which was far better than "Bewakoofiyaan" collections.
The film's nine-day collections stand at ₹24.75 crore nett. '#Queen [Week 2] Fri 2.15 cr, Sat 3.75 cr. Grand total: ₹ 24.75 cr nett. India biz," Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Queen" is expected to end its second week on a good note.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles