Box Office Collection: 'Queen' Performs Better than 'Bewakoofiyaan'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Bollywood films "Queen" and "Bewakoofiyaan".
The collections of Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer "Bewakoofiyaan" has not seen much growth on the second day of its release.
The romantic comedy entertainer opened to poor response on the first day of its release and earned only ₹2.23 crore nett. However, the film's performance was expected to improve on the second day (Saturday, 15 March) but it failed to see much growth.
"Bewakoofiyaan" earned ₹2.51 crore on Saturday, taking its two-day total to ₹4.74 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Bewakoofiyaan Fri 2.23 cr, Sat 2.51 cr. Total: ₹4.74 cr nett. India biz," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted.
Directed by Nupur Asthana, "Bewakoofiyaan" has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role. The film received mixed reviews from critics upon its release.
The ongoing exams and relatively low buzz seem to have affected the film's performance. However, the Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer has an advantage of a four-day weekend, considering that Monday is also a holiday due to Holi festival. Moreover, the film had a solo release with no big competition from other films, barring Kangana Ranaut's "Queen".
It remains to be seen as to how "Bewakoofiyaan" fares on Sunday (16 March) and Monday (17 March).
Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" is still going strong even in its second week at the Indian box office. The film, which released on 7 March, received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Despite releasing in more than 1,000 screens, "Queen" had a dull start on the first day of its release. The film earned ₹1.75 crore nett on day 1, but it witnessed significant growth in its business during the first weekend and earned ₹10 crore nett at the Indian box office.
Although "Queen" released along with two other new films, it performed well and emerged on top. The film has done solid business during the weekdays as well, and still continues to dominate at the Indian box office.
The Kangana-starrer earned ₹2.15 crore on the second Friday (14 March) and ₹3.75 crore on second Saturday (15 March), which was far better than "Bewakoofiyaan" collections.
The film's nine-day collections stand at ₹24.75 crore nett. '#Queen [Week 2] Fri 2.15 cr, Sat 3.75 cr. Grand total: ₹ 24.75 cr nett. India biz," Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Queen" is expected to end its second week on a good note.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date