Box Office Collection: 'Queen' Performs Better than 'Bewakoofiyaan'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Bollywood films "Queen" and "Bewakoofiyaan".
The collections of Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer "Bewakoofiyaan" has not seen much growth on the second day of its release.
The romantic comedy entertainer opened to poor response on the first day of its release and earned only ₹2.23 crore nett. However, the film's performance was expected to improve on the second day (Saturday, 15 March) but it failed to see much growth.
"Bewakoofiyaan" earned ₹2.51 crore on Saturday, taking its two-day total to ₹4.74 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Bewakoofiyaan Fri 2.23 cr, Sat 2.51 cr. Total: ₹4.74 cr nett. India biz," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh Tweeted.
Directed by Nupur Asthana, "Bewakoofiyaan" has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role. The film received mixed reviews from critics upon its release.
The ongoing exams and relatively low buzz seem to have affected the film's performance. However, the Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor starrer has an advantage of a four-day weekend, considering that Monday is also a holiday due to Holi festival. Moreover, the film had a solo release with no big competition from other films, barring Kangana Ranaut's "Queen".
It remains to be seen as to how "Bewakoofiyaan" fares on Sunday (16 March) and Monday (17 March).
Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" is still going strong even in its second week at the Indian box office. The film, which released on 7 March, received fantastic reviews from critics as well as from the audience.
Despite releasing in more than 1,000 screens, "Queen" had a dull start on the first day of its release. The film earned ₹1.75 crore nett on day 1, but it witnessed significant growth in its business during the first weekend and earned ₹10 crore nett at the Indian box office.
Although "Queen" released along with two other new films, it performed well and emerged on top. The film has done solid business during the weekdays as well, and still continues to dominate at the Indian box office.
The Kangana-starrer earned ₹2.15 crore on the second Friday (14 March) and ₹3.75 crore on second Saturday (15 March), which was far better than "Bewakoofiyaan" collections.
The film's nine-day collections stand at ₹24.75 crore nett. '#Queen [Week 2] Fri 2.15 cr, Sat 3.75 cr. Grand total: ₹ 24.75 cr nett. India biz," Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Queen" is expected to end its second week on a good note.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS