Bollywood Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh to Play Villain in Upcoming Vijay-Murugadoss Film
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 7:59 PM EST
Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh will be donning the role of a villain in the upcoming Vijay-AR Murugadoss film.
The untitled Vijay film (tentatively named as "Vijay 57") went on the floors in the first week of February. The film's shooting is currently progressing at a brisk pace in Hyderabad.
Neil Nitin Mukesh at 59th Idea Filmfare Awards
Earlier, Bengali actor Tota Roy was announced as the villain. But director Murugadoss later revealed that Roy was one of the baddies, and the team was in search for an actor to play the main villain's role.
Now, Murugadoss has confirmed that Neil will be playing the villain in "Vijay 57".
"Yesssss.....Neil is playing villain in our new film...!," Murugadoss posted on his Twitter handle.
The untitled film will mark Neil's debut in the Tamil cinema industry. The actor began his Bollywood career with the 2007-release "Johnny Gaddaar", and has done over 10 films since his debut. Neil has also signed on for Salman Khan-Sooraj Barjatya's new film that is expected to go on the floors soon.
Since the actor is making his Tamil debut with Vijay's film, he is sure to grab some eyeballs in the industry. It may be recalled that another Bollywood actor -Vidyut Jawal- became popular in the Tamil film industry with Vijay-Murugadoss' "Thuppakki", in which he appeared as the villain. It remains to be seen if Neil Nitin Mukesh will be able to impress the Tamil audience through his debut flick.
"Vijay 57" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014, as Ilayathalapathy and Murugadoss have teamed up once again post the success of their 2012-release "Thuppakki".
The upcoming film, touted to be an action entertainer, will reportedly have Vijay in dual roles. Samantha plays the female lead, whereas comedian Sathish of "Ethir Neechal" fame will reportedly appear in a pivotal role.
The film's music is composed by Anirudh, while editing is done by Sreekar Prasad. The Vijay starrer is slated to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia