Bollywood Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh to Play Villain in Upcoming Vijay-Murugadoss Film
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 16, 2014 7:59 PM EST
Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh will be donning the role of a villain in the upcoming Vijay-AR Murugadoss film.
The untitled Vijay film (tentatively named as "Vijay 57") went on the floors in the first week of February. The film's shooting is currently progressing at a brisk pace in Hyderabad.
Neil Nitin Mukesh at 59th Idea Filmfare Awards
Earlier, Bengali actor Tota Roy was announced as the villain. But director Murugadoss later revealed that Roy was one of the baddies, and the team was in search for an actor to play the main villain's role.
Now, Murugadoss has confirmed that Neil will be playing the villain in "Vijay 57".
"Yesssss.....Neil is playing villain in our new film...!," Murugadoss posted on his Twitter handle.
The untitled film will mark Neil's debut in the Tamil cinema industry. The actor began his Bollywood career with the 2007-release "Johnny Gaddaar", and has done over 10 films since his debut. Neil has also signed on for Salman Khan-Sooraj Barjatya's new film that is expected to go on the floors soon.
Since the actor is making his Tamil debut with Vijay's film, he is sure to grab some eyeballs in the industry. It may be recalled that another Bollywood actor -Vidyut Jawal- became popular in the Tamil film industry with Vijay-Murugadoss' "Thuppakki", in which he appeared as the villain. It remains to be seen if Neil Nitin Mukesh will be able to impress the Tamil audience through his debut flick.
"Vijay 57" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014, as Ilayathalapathy and Murugadoss have teamed up once again post the success of their 2012-release "Thuppakki".
The upcoming film, touted to be an action entertainer, will reportedly have Vijay in dual roles. Samantha plays the female lead, whereas comedian Sathish of "Ethir Neechal" fame will reportedly appear in a pivotal role.
The film's music is composed by Anirudh, while editing is done by Sreekar Prasad. The Vijay starrer is slated to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border