Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues in Advanced Talks with Southampton Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 16, 2014 5:00 AM EST
Premier League leaders Chelsea are reported to be in advanced talks with Southampton defender Luke Shaw for a possible summer switch.
Chelsea are reportedly in advanced talks with Southampton's Luke Shaw
The 18-year-old is considered to serve as a possible long-term successor to the ageing Ashley Cole, who was once hailed as one of the best left-backs in the world.
Should the transaction materialise, it is believed that it will cost the Blues around £21million.
Shaw is a product of the Southampton Academy and came through the ranks to finally make his senior debut in an FA Cup match in 2012.
He received his first international cap from the England men's team in February because of an impressive showing for the Sainsts this season, playing 29 matches in all competitions with 2 assists to his name.
As previously revealed by IBTimes Sport, Shaw played for Chelsea's development centre in his younger years, but, unfortunately, failed to make it to the academy.
Nevertheless, he has since been a keen supporter of the club, dreaming of plying his trade at Stamford Bridge in a blue uniform someday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe