Chris Brown Jailed; Arrest Not Related to Inappropriate Relationship
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 16, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Many may think Chris Brown have had faced enough of trouble but he is not over it yet as he has been arrested and sent to jail for violation of his probation.
Chris Brown was reportedly kicked out of a Malibu rehab facility where he had been living for almost four months now after an order by a judge in the Rihanna assault case, leading to his arrest by L.A. County Sheriff.
Singer Chris Brown appears for a probation progress hearing at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center in Los Angeles, California.
The rapper was arrested for violating "internal rules" and not for the "inappropriate relationship" with a female worker earlier this month, a source told TMZ. It added that his kick out from the rehab was not related to violence or drugs.
The singer was initially supposed to go through anger management therapy in the facility for 90 days but the court extended his stay by two more months. He had to complete his stay without being thrown out, failing which he would be sent to jail without bail.
A press release by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department reads:
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies were made aware of a warrant for the arrest of Suspect Chris Brown on Friday, March 14, 2014. At about 2:00PM, Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's deputies arrested Suspect Brown for the warrant at a location he was staying at in the city of Malibu. Mr. Brown was cooperative when taken into custody. He is being held without bail at the Inmate Reception Center of the Los Angeles County jail in downtown Los Angeles. The warrant was issued related to assault with a deadly weapon and criminal threats crimes which occurred on February 7, 2009, in the City of Los Angeles. The incidents were investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department and prosecuted by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office. The warrant was issued for a probation violation related to his conviction.
It may be recalled that Chris was earlier thrown out of a different rehab after he threw a rock at his mother's car for allegedly talking bad things about his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Details of John Travolta’s Gay Relationship w/ Pilot to be Heard in Court
- 600 Videos Show Babies Raped by 32-year-old Home Carer
- AU’s Anti-Piracy Law is a Hollywood’s Wish List Coming True
- ACT Court Finds Former Parliament Speaker Peter Slipper Guilty of Dishonesty for Charging Wine Tour Cab Fare to Australian Taxpayers
- Keith Urban’s Concert Sends Dozens of Fans in Hospital Over Alcohol-Related Issues
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga