NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets vs. Washington Wizards Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 16, 2014 12:11 AM EST
The Brooklyn Nets confirmed their status as one of the rising teams in the stretch run of the regular season after beating the Miami Heat on the road, 96-95 last Wednesday. They are now 3-0 against the two-time defending champions this season. On Saturday, they’ll face the Washington Wizards, which are 2-0 against Brooklyn this year.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Miami Heat
Paul Pierce was his vintage self against the Heat finishing with a game-high 29 points missing just 3 of 12 attempts and going 5-of-7 from behind the arc to lead the Nets to its third consecutive win. Brooklyn also won against the Toronto Raptors, 101-97 and the Sacramento Kings, 104-89 before the big upset victory at Miami.
The Wizards are coming off a win over the Orlando Magic, 105-101 in overtime. Washington struggled all game but did enough in the fourth quarter and overtime especially John Wall who scored 12 of his 21 points in that stretch.
Five players finished in double-figure scoring including Trevor Ariza (21 points with 11 rebounds); Marcin Gortat (19 points with 14 rebounds) and Trevor Booker (11 points and 11 rebounds).
After a six straight wins in the latter part of February, the Washington is just 3-3 in the first two weeks of March. The Wizards (34-31) are in sixth place in the Eastern Conference standings just a game behind Brooklyn (33-30) in fifth place.
The Wizards own the Nets this year winning 112-108 (OT) at home on November 8 and then 113-107 at Brooklyn on December 18. They have been even more successful against the spread going 7-1 ATS in the last 8 match-ups with the Nets.
Watch the Nets-Wizards match-up via NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Nets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Nets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Nets are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games vs. the Wizards
Washington Wizards Trends
- The Wizards are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Wizards are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. the Nets in Washington
- The Wizards are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Wizards are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. East teams
- The Wizards are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on second day of a back-to-back
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast