HTC One 2 M8 Release Date: Conflicting Expected Features Ahead of its Unveiling
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 15, 2014 11:32 PM EST
The final countdown for the unveiling of HTC One 2 codenamed M8 has begun after the Taiwan-based company confirmed that the sequel to the best smartphone of the year would be announced on 25 March. Now, several conflicting expected features of the device have surfaced ahead of the event.
@evleaks Twitter Page
HTC One 2
The flagship smartphone, also known by several names like the All New HTC One, HTC M8, HTC One Up and HTC one Plus, is expected to be released in more than 100 countries two weeks after its unveiling on 25 March.
So much has been written on the features of HTC One 2 though the Taiwan-based company has not officially made any revelation.
Here are some of the specifications speculated in the media:
HTC One 2 is expected to feature a 5.1 inch screen with no physical button, according to Christian Today, but latest reports claimed that the device will have 5.0-inch full HD (1920x1080p) display with 440 ppi and scratch-resistant sheet. There are conflicting reports on the battery of the device too with some claiming that it would house a 2900mAh, while others say that it would have 3000 mAh and some even say 2,600 mAh. Tech Radar reported citing a post by a HardForum user that the device will feature a 4MP front camera, but there are also reports that it would have a 5MP front camera.
The flagship smartphone is expected to be powered by a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU or the new Snapdragon 801 series chipset and run on Android v4.4 KitKat OS. It is also expected to have features like Knock On gesture-control feature, BoomSound speakers, microSD card slot and several others.
HTC One 2 will measure 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 and weigh 160g, according to report by GSM Arena. Pictures of the HTC One successor's pin-hole cases revealed by @evleaks have hinted that the cover will show weather, time and other real-time information. The Twitter tipster also claimed that the device will be released as a Google Play Edition like its predecessor.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2