Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Super Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 15, 2014 10:41 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" had a super strong eight day box office run in India. Despite the release of new film this Friday, "Queen" managed to hold a strong position at the collection centres in India.
In fact, the women oriented film performed better than the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" which stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor.
The second Friday's collection was better than the opening day earnings. On eighth day, the film raked in around ₹2 crore, as per early estimates.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr, Thu 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 18.80 cr nett," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film's overall total now stands at ₹20.80 crore nett. "Queen" is now heading for a strong second weekend.
It is rare when the second weekend total of the film is equal to first weekend. The first weekend total of "Queen" was ₹10 crore and since the second Friday's score is better than the first, it is expected that the film would earn in the same range.
The other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang" released along with "Queen" are far behind in the box office race compared to the latter.
"Gulaab Gang" starring Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla is also a women oriented film. The film in its first week fared ₹12.54 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr, Tue 1.03 cr, Wed 86 lacs, Thu 68 lacs. Total: ₹ 12.54 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh tweeted.
The third film "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a flop in India with ₹5.77 crore of income in first week.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs, Thu 36 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.77 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh said.
But the film is faring well in the overseas market especially in UAE-GCC and Pakistan circuits.
In its first week, Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam starrer raked in around ₹4.30 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa *Overseas* total [1st Week]: $ 702,000 [₹ 4.30 cr]... UAE-GCC [$ 194,000] and Pakistan [$ 155,000] contributed maximum."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions