Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Super Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 15, 2014 10:41 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" had a super strong eight day box office run in India. Despite the release of new film this Friday, "Queen" managed to hold a strong position at the collection centres in India.
In fact, the women oriented film performed better than the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" which stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor.
The second Friday's collection was better than the opening day earnings. On eighth day, the film raked in around ₹2 crore, as per early estimates.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr, Thu 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 18.80 cr nett," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film's overall total now stands at ₹20.80 crore nett. "Queen" is now heading for a strong second weekend.
It is rare when the second weekend total of the film is equal to first weekend. The first weekend total of "Queen" was ₹10 crore and since the second Friday's score is better than the first, it is expected that the film would earn in the same range.
The other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang" released along with "Queen" are far behind in the box office race compared to the latter.
"Gulaab Gang" starring Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla is also a women oriented film. The film in its first week fared ₹12.54 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr, Tue 1.03 cr, Wed 86 lacs, Thu 68 lacs. Total: ₹ 12.54 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh tweeted.
The third film "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a flop in India with ₹5.77 crore of income in first week.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs, Thu 36 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.77 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh said.
But the film is faring well in the overseas market especially in UAE-GCC and Pakistan circuits.
In its first week, Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam starrer raked in around ₹4.30 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa *Overseas* total [1st Week]: $ 702,000 [₹ 4.30 cr]... UAE-GCC [$ 194,000] and Pakistan [$ 155,000] contributed maximum."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date