Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Super Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 15, 2014 10:41 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" had a super strong eight day box office run in India. Despite the release of new film this Friday, "Queen" managed to hold a strong position at the collection centres in India.
In fact, the women oriented film performed better than the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" which stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor.
The second Friday's collection was better than the opening day earnings. On eighth day, the film raked in around ₹2 crore, as per early estimates.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr, Thu 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 18.80 cr nett," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film's overall total now stands at ₹20.80 crore nett. "Queen" is now heading for a strong second weekend.
It is rare when the second weekend total of the film is equal to first weekend. The first weekend total of "Queen" was ₹10 crore and since the second Friday's score is better than the first, it is expected that the film would earn in the same range.
The other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang" released along with "Queen" are far behind in the box office race compared to the latter.
"Gulaab Gang" starring Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla is also a women oriented film. The film in its first week fared ₹12.54 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr, Tue 1.03 cr, Wed 86 lacs, Thu 68 lacs. Total: ₹ 12.54 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh tweeted.
The third film "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a flop in India with ₹5.77 crore of income in first week.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs, Thu 36 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.77 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh said.
But the film is faring well in the overseas market especially in UAE-GCC and Pakistan circuits.
In its first week, Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam starrer raked in around ₹4.30 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa *Overseas* total [1st Week]: $ 702,000 [₹ 4.30 cr]... UAE-GCC [$ 194,000] and Pakistan [$ 155,000] contributed maximum."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop