Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Super Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 15, 2014 10:41 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" had a super strong eight day box office run in India. Despite the release of new film this Friday, "Queen" managed to hold a strong position at the collection centres in India.
In fact, the women oriented film performed better than the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" which stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor.
The second Friday's collection was better than the opening day earnings. On eighth day, the film raked in around ₹2 crore, as per early estimates.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr, Thu 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 18.80 cr nett," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film's overall total now stands at ₹20.80 crore nett. "Queen" is now heading for a strong second weekend.
It is rare when the second weekend total of the film is equal to first weekend. The first weekend total of "Queen" was ₹10 crore and since the second Friday's score is better than the first, it is expected that the film would earn in the same range.
The other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang" released along with "Queen" are far behind in the box office race compared to the latter.
"Gulaab Gang" starring Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla is also a women oriented film. The film in its first week fared ₹12.54 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr, Tue 1.03 cr, Wed 86 lacs, Thu 68 lacs. Total: ₹ 12.54 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh tweeted.
The third film "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a flop in India with ₹5.77 crore of income in first week.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs, Thu 36 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.77 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh said.
But the film is faring well in the overseas market especially in UAE-GCC and Pakistan circuits.
In its first week, Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam starrer raked in around ₹4.30 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa *Overseas* total [1st Week]: $ 702,000 [₹ 4.30 cr]... UAE-GCC [$ 194,000] and Pakistan [$ 155,000] contributed maximum."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate