Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Super Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
By Ankita Mehta | March 15, 2014 10:41 PM EST
Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen" had a super strong eight day box office run in India. Despite the release of new film this Friday, "Queen" managed to hold a strong position at the collection centres in India.
In fact, the women oriented film performed better than the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" which stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor.
The second Friday's collection was better than the opening day earnings. On eighth day, the film raked in around ₹2 crore, as per early estimates.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2.05 cr, Tue 2.15 cr, Wed 2.30 cr, Thu 2.30 cr. Total: ₹ 18.80 cr nett," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film's overall total now stands at ₹20.80 crore nett. "Queen" is now heading for a strong second weekend.
It is rare when the second weekend total of the film is equal to first weekend. The first weekend total of "Queen" was ₹10 crore and since the second Friday's score is better than the first, it is expected that the film would earn in the same range.
The other two films "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang" released along with "Queen" are far behind in the box office race compared to the latter.
"Gulaab Gang" starring Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla is also a women oriented film. The film in its first week fared ₹12.54 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr, Tue 1.03 cr, Wed 86 lacs, Thu 68 lacs. Total: ₹ 12.54 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh tweeted.
The third film "Total Siyapaa" has turned out to be a flop in India with ₹5.77 crore of income in first week.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs, Tue 44 lacs, Wed 40 lacs, Thu 36 lacs. Total: ₹ 5.77 cr nett. India biz," Adarsh said.
But the film is faring well in the overseas market especially in UAE-GCC and Pakistan circuits.
In its first week, Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam starrer raked in around ₹4.30 crore.
"#TotalSiyapaa *Overseas* total [1st Week]: $ 702,000 [₹ 4.30 cr]... UAE-GCC [$ 194,000] and Pakistan [$ 155,000] contributed maximum."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies