BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Preview: Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. Roger Federer, John Isner vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 15, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Alexandr Dolgopolov shook up the draw at Indian Wells, California after beating Spain’s Rafael Nadal, 6-3 3-6 7-6(5) in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014. Nadal was the top seed in the prestigious tournament at Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Nadal v Dolgopolov
After two more wins against higher-seeded players the Ukrainian found himself in the semifinals against yet another top seed and popular player: Roger Federer.
Federer defeated Dolgopolov, 6-4, 5-2 (retired) in the pair's only head-to-head meeting in their career in 2010.
When asked of the rise of the lower seeds, it appeared that the former best player in the world knows about the challenge and is prepared to face them.
“Well, they have to prove it. I mean, one tournament doesn't do it all for me yet. I mean, it's nice they believe more in it, and it's nice that they take Stan (Wawrinka) as an inspiration. That's great. That's what it's supposed to be,” said Federer after his quarterfinals win over Kenny Anderson of South Africa.
Meanwhile, Dolgopolov is also confident of his chances of winning two more matches in California and win the title.
“We'll see. Why not? I played good for three weeks. I'm quite fresh. I felt good physically today.
I'm confident enough to come out and play good tennis. Then who knows, you know? I beat a lot of good players around here, so I wouldn't see why not win more matches,” said Dolgopolov.
Meanwhile, John Isner of the United States of America will try to serve the upset as well against second seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the other half of the semifinals.
In six meetings, Isner actually has gotten two matches off perhaps the best player in the world today.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Odds
Alexandr Dolgoplov (Ukraine) vs. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Match Odds: Dolgopolov (3.56) vs. Federer (1.30)
Game Handicap: Dolgopolov (+3.5) vs. Federer (-3.5)
John Isner (USA) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) Betting Odds
Match Odds: Isner (5.80) vs. Djokovic (1.14)
Game Handicap: Isner (+3.5) vs. Djokovic (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage