BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Preview: Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. Roger Federer, John Isner vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 15, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Alexandr Dolgopolov shook up the draw at Indian Wells, California after beating Spain’s Rafael Nadal, 6-3 3-6 7-6(5) in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014. Nadal was the top seed in the prestigious tournament at Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Nadal v Dolgopolov
After two more wins against higher-seeded players the Ukrainian found himself in the semifinals against yet another top seed and popular player: Roger Federer.
Federer defeated Dolgopolov, 6-4, 5-2 (retired) in the pair's only head-to-head meeting in their career in 2010.
When asked of the rise of the lower seeds, it appeared that the former best player in the world knows about the challenge and is prepared to face them.
“Well, they have to prove it. I mean, one tournament doesn't do it all for me yet. I mean, it's nice they believe more in it, and it's nice that they take Stan (Wawrinka) as an inspiration. That's great. That's what it's supposed to be,” said Federer after his quarterfinals win over Kenny Anderson of South Africa.
Meanwhile, Dolgopolov is also confident of his chances of winning two more matches in California and win the title.
“We'll see. Why not? I played good for three weeks. I'm quite fresh. I felt good physically today.
I'm confident enough to come out and play good tennis. Then who knows, you know? I beat a lot of good players around here, so I wouldn't see why not win more matches,” said Dolgopolov.
Meanwhile, John Isner of the United States of America will try to serve the upset as well against second seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the other half of the semifinals.
In six meetings, Isner actually has gotten two matches off perhaps the best player in the world today.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Odds
Alexandr Dolgoplov (Ukraine) vs. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Match Odds: Dolgopolov (3.56) vs. Federer (1.30)
Game Handicap: Dolgopolov (+3.5) vs. Federer (-3.5)
John Isner (USA) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) Betting Odds
Match Odds: Isner (5.80) vs. Djokovic (1.14)
Game Handicap: Isner (+3.5) vs. Djokovic (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch