BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Preview: Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. Roger Federer, John Isner vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 15, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Alexandr Dolgopolov shook up the draw at Indian Wells, California after beating Spain’s Rafael Nadal, 6-3 3-6 7-6(5) in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014. Nadal was the top seed in the prestigious tournament at Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Nadal v Dolgopolov
After two more wins against higher-seeded players the Ukrainian found himself in the semifinals against yet another top seed and popular player: Roger Federer.
Federer defeated Dolgopolov, 6-4, 5-2 (retired) in the pair's only head-to-head meeting in their career in 2010.
When asked of the rise of the lower seeds, it appeared that the former best player in the world knows about the challenge and is prepared to face them.
“Well, they have to prove it. I mean, one tournament doesn't do it all for me yet. I mean, it's nice they believe more in it, and it's nice that they take Stan (Wawrinka) as an inspiration. That's great. That's what it's supposed to be,” said Federer after his quarterfinals win over Kenny Anderson of South Africa.
Meanwhile, Dolgopolov is also confident of his chances of winning two more matches in California and win the title.
“We'll see. Why not? I played good for three weeks. I'm quite fresh. I felt good physically today.
I'm confident enough to come out and play good tennis. Then who knows, you know? I beat a lot of good players around here, so I wouldn't see why not win more matches,” said Dolgopolov.
Meanwhile, John Isner of the United States of America will try to serve the upset as well against second seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the other half of the semifinals.
In six meetings, Isner actually has gotten two matches off perhaps the best player in the world today.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Odds
Alexandr Dolgoplov (Ukraine) vs. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Match Odds: Dolgopolov (3.56) vs. Federer (1.30)
Game Handicap: Dolgopolov (+3.5) vs. Federer (-3.5)
John Isner (USA) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) Betting Odds
Match Odds: Isner (5.80) vs. Djokovic (1.14)
Game Handicap: Isner (+3.5) vs. Djokovic (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans