BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Preview: Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. Roger Federer, John Isner vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 15, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Alexandr Dolgopolov shook up the draw at Indian Wells, California after beating Spain’s Rafael Nadal, 6-3 3-6 7-6(5) in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014. Nadal was the top seed in the prestigious tournament at Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Nadal v Dolgopolov
After two more wins against higher-seeded players the Ukrainian found himself in the semifinals against yet another top seed and popular player: Roger Federer.
Federer defeated Dolgopolov, 6-4, 5-2 (retired) in the pair's only head-to-head meeting in their career in 2010.
When asked of the rise of the lower seeds, it appeared that the former best player in the world knows about the challenge and is prepared to face them.
“Well, they have to prove it. I mean, one tournament doesn't do it all for me yet. I mean, it's nice they believe more in it, and it's nice that they take Stan (Wawrinka) as an inspiration. That's great. That's what it's supposed to be,” said Federer after his quarterfinals win over Kenny Anderson of South Africa.
Meanwhile, Dolgopolov is also confident of his chances of winning two more matches in California and win the title.
“We'll see. Why not? I played good for three weeks. I'm quite fresh. I felt good physically today.
I'm confident enough to come out and play good tennis. Then who knows, you know? I beat a lot of good players around here, so I wouldn't see why not win more matches,” said Dolgopolov.
Meanwhile, John Isner of the United States of America will try to serve the upset as well against second seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the other half of the semifinals.
In six meetings, Isner actually has gotten two matches off perhaps the best player in the world today.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Odds
Alexandr Dolgoplov (Ukraine) vs. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Match Odds: Dolgopolov (3.56) vs. Federer (1.30)
Game Handicap: Dolgopolov (+3.5) vs. Federer (-3.5)
John Isner (USA) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) Betting Odds
Match Odds: Isner (5.80) vs. Djokovic (1.14)
Game Handicap: Isner (+3.5) vs. Djokovic (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide