BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Preview: Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. Roger Federer, John Isner vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 15, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Alexandr Dolgopolov shook up the draw at Indian Wells, California after beating Spain’s Rafael Nadal, 6-3 3-6 7-6(5) in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open 2014. Nadal was the top seed in the prestigious tournament at Indian Wells, California.
Tennis: BNP Paribas Open-Nadal v Dolgopolov
After two more wins against higher-seeded players the Ukrainian found himself in the semifinals against yet another top seed and popular player: Roger Federer.
Federer defeated Dolgopolov, 6-4, 5-2 (retired) in the pair's only head-to-head meeting in their career in 2010.
When asked of the rise of the lower seeds, it appeared that the former best player in the world knows about the challenge and is prepared to face them.
“Well, they have to prove it. I mean, one tournament doesn't do it all for me yet. I mean, it's nice they believe more in it, and it's nice that they take Stan (Wawrinka) as an inspiration. That's great. That's what it's supposed to be,” said Federer after his quarterfinals win over Kenny Anderson of South Africa.
Meanwhile, Dolgopolov is also confident of his chances of winning two more matches in California and win the title.
“We'll see. Why not? I played good for three weeks. I'm quite fresh. I felt good physically today.
I'm confident enough to come out and play good tennis. Then who knows, you know? I beat a lot of good players around here, so I wouldn't see why not win more matches,” said Dolgopolov.
Meanwhile, John Isner of the United States of America will try to serve the upset as well against second seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the other half of the semifinals.
In six meetings, Isner actually has gotten two matches off perhaps the best player in the world today.
BNP Paribas Open 2014 Semifinals Betting Odds
Alexandr Dolgoplov (Ukraine) vs. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Match Odds: Dolgopolov (3.56) vs. Federer (1.30)
Game Handicap: Dolgopolov (+3.5) vs. Federer (-3.5)
John Isner (USA) vs. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) Betting Odds
Match Odds: Isner (5.80) vs. Djokovic (1.14)
Game Handicap: Isner (+3.5) vs. Djokovic (-3.5)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’