Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT Demand Scales in India; Waiting Period for Celerio Extends to 6 Months
By greeshma m | March 15, 2014 7:31 PM EST
The waiting period of the much acclaimed Maruti Suzuki Celerio has reportedly reached six months in the Indian cities, Bangalore and Mumbai, due to the increasing demand for the vehicle in the domestic market.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Gets 22,000 Bookings
Maruti Celerio, which garnered 22,000 bookings within 30 days of its launch in the country, is witnessing great deamnd for the automatic transmission (AT) model. Now the reports suggest that the company has extended the waiting period of AMT Celerio in India upto six months.
Previous reports had said that the company is receiving 1,000 bookings per day and the increasing demand for Celerio is likely to extend the waiting period of the car in the domestic market. Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It is offered in six variants in India - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions.
What is believed to be drawing the crowd for Celerio is its price in the domestic market. Unlike other automatic offerings in the country, the price variation between the Manual and Automatic variant of the Celerio is just around ₹1-1.2 lakh.
The car that was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh, is now available at ₹3.76 lakh. The company revised the price of the hatchback Celerio in India, after the announcement of a reduction in excise duty by Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) equipped LXi and VXi variants will now go on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively, as against ₹4.29 lakh and ₹4.59 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles