Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT Demand Scales in India; Waiting Period for Celerio Extends to 6 Months
By greeshma m | March 15, 2014 7:31 PM EST
The waiting period of the much acclaimed Maruti Suzuki Celerio has reportedly reached six months in the Indian cities, Bangalore and Mumbai, due to the increasing demand for the vehicle in the domestic market.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Gets 22,000 Bookings
Maruti Celerio, which garnered 22,000 bookings within 30 days of its launch in the country, is witnessing great deamnd for the automatic transmission (AT) model. Now the reports suggest that the company has extended the waiting period of AMT Celerio in India upto six months.
Previous reports had said that the company is receiving 1,000 bookings per day and the increasing demand for Celerio is likely to extend the waiting period of the car in the domestic market. Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It is offered in six variants in India - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions.
What is believed to be drawing the crowd for Celerio is its price in the domestic market. Unlike other automatic offerings in the country, the price variation between the Manual and Automatic variant of the Celerio is just around ₹1-1.2 lakh.
The car that was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh, is now available at ₹3.76 lakh. The company revised the price of the hatchback Celerio in India, after the announcement of a reduction in excise duty by Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
The Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) equipped LXi and VXi variants will now go on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively, as against ₹4.29 lakh and ₹4.59 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date