Bajaj Discover F150 Spotted on Test; Launch Nears
By greeshma m | March 15, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Bajaj, India's popular two-wheeler maker is seemed to be gearing up for yet another launch in India. After stealing the Delhi Auto Expo show with the Pulsar SS 400 and CS 400, Bajaj is now seen testing a new Discover model, monikered Discover F150.
Newly built motorbikes are seen at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune, about 130 km (82 miles) from Mumbai
The folks at OverDrive have posted a set of spy shots of the new Discover F150 which is expected to make its India debut in the near future. Although the details of the bike are scanty at this point of time, emerging reports claim that the new motorbike, which is believed to be the flagship variant in the Discover line up will be priced below the current Pulsar 150.
The Bajaj Discover F150 is likely to draw its power from 4-valve, 150cc DTS-i engine which can generate a power of 14 PS. It is reported that the Discover F150 will accommodate some of the features which are borrowed from the existing Discover and Pulsar models and the bike will have both electric and kick starter. Other stipulated features include front disc brakes and monoshock suspension at the rear. Apparently, a naked version of Discover F150 is also on the card for India.
Earlier last week, Bajaj started rolling out its Discover 125 in India. It packs 125 cc 4-Valve Patented TwinSpark DTS-i engine which can pump in a power of 11.5 PS and a torque of 10.4Nm. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 76kmpl. The bike which shares similarities with the Bajaj's 125ST is pitted against the Honda CB Shine, Hero Glamour and Hero Passion Pro in the domestic market.
Currently, Bajaj Auto holds 22 percent market share in the two wheeler segment. With the upcoming launches, Bajaj hopes to expand its reach in the country. In February, Bajaj Auto posted a decline of 6 percent in domestic sales for February 2014. The Company sold a total of 273,323 motorcycles as against the 291,297 units last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes