Bajaj Discover F150 Spotted on Test; Launch Nears
By greeshma m | March 15, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Bajaj, India's popular two-wheeler maker is seemed to be gearing up for yet another launch in India. After stealing the Delhi Auto Expo show with the Pulsar SS 400 and CS 400, Bajaj is now seen testing a new Discover model, monikered Discover F150.
Newly built motorbikes are seen at the Bajaj Auto Ltd. plant in Pune, about 130 km (82 miles) from Mumbai
The folks at OverDrive have posted a set of spy shots of the new Discover F150 which is expected to make its India debut in the near future. Although the details of the bike are scanty at this point of time, emerging reports claim that the new motorbike, which is believed to be the flagship variant in the Discover line up will be priced below the current Pulsar 150.
The Bajaj Discover F150 is likely to draw its power from 4-valve, 150cc DTS-i engine which can generate a power of 14 PS. It is reported that the Discover F150 will accommodate some of the features which are borrowed from the existing Discover and Pulsar models and the bike will have both electric and kick starter. Other stipulated features include front disc brakes and monoshock suspension at the rear. Apparently, a naked version of Discover F150 is also on the card for India.
Earlier last week, Bajaj started rolling out its Discover 125 in India. It packs 125 cc 4-Valve Patented TwinSpark DTS-i engine which can pump in a power of 11.5 PS and a torque of 10.4Nm. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 76kmpl. The bike which shares similarities with the Bajaj's 125ST is pitted against the Honda CB Shine, Hero Glamour and Hero Passion Pro in the domestic market.
Currently, Bajaj Auto holds 22 percent market share in the two wheeler segment. With the upcoming launches, Bajaj hopes to expand its reach in the country. In February, Bajaj Auto posted a decline of 6 percent in domestic sales for February 2014. The Company sold a total of 273,323 motorcycles as against the 291,297 units last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar