Demi Lovat Slams Lady Gaga, Eating Disorders 'Not Cool'
By Annie Dee | March 15, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Demi Lovato "Let It Go" and slams Lady Gaga about what she thinks of the the "Applause" singer for her puking stint during her SXSW concert. The "Neon Lights" did not hold back when she took to Twitter to vent her frustration on what she thinks Lady Gaga implied with the puking act. The incident, for Lovato, may have its shock value and therefore, made Lady Gaga looked cool, but all for the wrong reasons. According to Lovato, Mother Monster glorified bulimia, and this can never be cool.
Musician Taylor Swift accepts the artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
"Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," she tweeted. Lovato did not stop here, seeing how strongly she feels about the topic.
She added, "Would you let someone bring a needle and shoot up on you? Addiction is addiction."
Lovato is very well aware of the legions of fans that Lady Gaga has and she knows she will be in from Gaga's Little Monsters. So she continued with tweets to defend her sentiments. After all, she is not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to important social topics such as bulimia and other eating disorders.
"It's not 'shade' and it's not 'hate,'" she twitted.
"But if someone has to come forward and say it...I'll take the heat for it. Putting the word ART in it isn't a free card to do whatever you want without consequences."
She did not stop with throwing words in the end, hoping the person she is targeting the words on will catch on. Instead, Lovato tweeted directly Gaga and said, "you're SO talented, if not one of the most talented in our industry PERIOD. Dope is INCREDIBLE. but you don't have to do that."
Lady Gaga has not responded but it will be interesting to see how she will react. Lady Gaga is not known to mince words either. And if her record will be perused, she is also a champion of a lot of social causes such as LGBT rights that she will be able to defend herself over this puking act.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money