Demi Lovat Slams Lady Gaga, Eating Disorders 'Not Cool'
By Annie Dee | March 15, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Demi Lovato "Let It Go" and slams Lady Gaga about what she thinks of the the "Applause" singer for her puking stint during her SXSW concert. The "Neon Lights" did not hold back when she took to Twitter to vent her frustration on what she thinks Lady Gaga implied with the puking act. The incident, for Lovato, may have its shock value and therefore, made Lady Gaga looked cool, but all for the wrong reasons. According to Lovato, Mother Monster glorified bulimia, and this can never be cool.
Musician Taylor Swift accepts the artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
"Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," she tweeted. Lovato did not stop here, seeing how strongly she feels about the topic.
She added, "Would you let someone bring a needle and shoot up on you? Addiction is addiction."
Lovato is very well aware of the legions of fans that Lady Gaga has and she knows she will be in from Gaga's Little Monsters. So she continued with tweets to defend her sentiments. After all, she is not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to important social topics such as bulimia and other eating disorders.
"It's not 'shade' and it's not 'hate,'" she twitted.
"But if someone has to come forward and say it...I'll take the heat for it. Putting the word ART in it isn't a free card to do whatever you want without consequences."
She did not stop with throwing words in the end, hoping the person she is targeting the words on will catch on. Instead, Lovato tweeted directly Gaga and said, "you're SO talented, if not one of the most talented in our industry PERIOD. Dope is INCREDIBLE. but you don't have to do that."
Lady Gaga has not responded but it will be interesting to see how she will react. Lady Gaga is not known to mince words either. And if her record will be perused, she is also a champion of a lot of social causes such as LGBT rights that she will be able to defend herself over this puking act.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone