Demi Lovat Slams Lady Gaga, Eating Disorders 'Not Cool'
By Annie Dee | March 15, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Demi Lovato "Let It Go" and slams Lady Gaga about what she thinks of the the "Applause" singer for her puking stint during her SXSW concert. The "Neon Lights" did not hold back when she took to Twitter to vent her frustration on what she thinks Lady Gaga implied with the puking act. The incident, for Lovato, may have its shock value and therefore, made Lady Gaga looked cool, but all for the wrong reasons. According to Lovato, Mother Monster glorified bulimia, and this can never be cool.
Musician Taylor Swift accepts the artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
"Sad... As if we didn't have enough people glamorizing eating disorders already. Bottom line, it's not 'cool' or 'artsy' at all," she tweeted. Lovato did not stop here, seeing how strongly she feels about the topic.
She added, "Would you let someone bring a needle and shoot up on you? Addiction is addiction."
Lovato is very well aware of the legions of fans that Lady Gaga has and she knows she will be in from Gaga's Little Monsters. So she continued with tweets to defend her sentiments. After all, she is not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to important social topics such as bulimia and other eating disorders.
"It's not 'shade' and it's not 'hate,'" she twitted.
"But if someone has to come forward and say it...I'll take the heat for it. Putting the word ART in it isn't a free card to do whatever you want without consequences."
She did not stop with throwing words in the end, hoping the person she is targeting the words on will catch on. Instead, Lovato tweeted directly Gaga and said, "you're SO talented, if not one of the most talented in our industry PERIOD. Dope is INCREDIBLE. but you don't have to do that."
Lady Gaga has not responded but it will be interesting to see how she will react. Lady Gaga is not known to mince words either. And if her record will be perused, she is also a champion of a lot of social causes such as LGBT rights that she will be able to defend herself over this puking act.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop