Pacquiao and Bradley Rub Elbows with Celebrities
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 15, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley had met and spent time with some of the biggest names in the industry ahead of their upcoming rematch. The two boxing champions didn't mind taking a wee time off their training to rub elbows with other celebrity folks.
Former England soccer team captain David Beckham (C) and celebrity Paris Hilton (back 2nd R) watch Philippines' Manny Pacquiao fight with Brandon Rios of the U.S. during their World Boxing Organisation (WBO) International 12-round welterweight boxing title fight at the Venetian Macao hotel in Macau November 24, 2013. Pacquiao thumped Rios to clinch the WBO welterweight crown on Sunday. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu
Bob Dylan visits Pacquiao at Training Camp
Music legend Bob Dylan dropped by at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles to watch Pacquiao spar and train as he prepares for his upcoming fight with Bradley. Dylan was just one of the many celebrities who, at one point, had visited Pacquiao to get an exclusive VIP pass to see how the Filipino boxer train. Like Dylan's 1962 hit song "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall," Pacquiao now threatens Bradley as if saying that something big is going to happen on the undefeated world champion.
After Dylan swung by, Pacquiao tweeted a snapshot of the two legends together on his Twitter account.
Aside from Dylan, the other celebrities who had once visited Pacquiao at training camp, include Mark Wahlberg, Jeremy Piven, Christian Bale and Mickey Rourke.
Bradley with Will Ferrell, Kevin Spacey, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka
However, Pacquiao isn't the only rubbing elbows with the biggest names in the entertainment industry. On March 5, Bradley attended the 10th Annual Desert Smash celebrity tennis charity event. Bradley posed with Will Ferrell, Kevin Spacey, and top-ranked tennis players Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka. According to ENTScoop, Ferrell even outbid everyone at his own charity action, paying for two ringside seats in the upcoming Pacquiao-Bradley rematch for a shocking $24,000. The benefits of the said auction will go to Cancer for College, which provides college scholarships to cancer survivors.
Getting Ready for the Rematch
With just only a month's time, Pacquiao and Bradley are working hard in their respective training camps. Pacquiao continued his second leg of training at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles. A report by Yahoo Sports said that Pacquiao are spending hours of plain hard work. Pacquiao said that his main goal is to be aggressive in their rematch. "I don't think he's (Bradley) going to try to go toe-to-toe with me but I have to be more aggressive that I had been," said Pacquiao. "I had been working on being aggressive," he added.
Meanwhile, Bradley is reportedly feeling great of how he has been doing with regards to his training for Pacquiao rematch. "I'm feeling great, I'm ahead of my schedule right now," Bradley told Ben Thomson of Fight Hype. Bradley said that when he first fought Pacquiao, he trained for 12 weeks but this time around, he believes that he should be all set and ready in just eight weeks. "This time around, I'ma do eight weeks," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4