Pacquiao and Bradley Rub Elbows with Celebrities
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 15, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley had met and spent time with some of the biggest names in the industry ahead of their upcoming rematch. The two boxing champions didn't mind taking a wee time off their training to rub elbows with other celebrity folks.
Former England soccer team captain David Beckham (C) and celebrity Paris Hilton (back 2nd R) watch Philippines' Manny Pacquiao fight with Brandon Rios of the U.S. during their World Boxing Organisation (WBO) International 12-round welterweight boxing title fight at the Venetian Macao hotel in Macau November 24, 2013. Pacquiao thumped Rios to clinch the WBO welterweight crown on Sunday. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu
Bob Dylan visits Pacquiao at Training Camp
Music legend Bob Dylan dropped by at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles to watch Pacquiao spar and train as he prepares for his upcoming fight with Bradley. Dylan was just one of the many celebrities who, at one point, had visited Pacquiao to get an exclusive VIP pass to see how the Filipino boxer train. Like Dylan's 1962 hit song "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall," Pacquiao now threatens Bradley as if saying that something big is going to happen on the undefeated world champion.
After Dylan swung by, Pacquiao tweeted a snapshot of the two legends together on his Twitter account.
Aside from Dylan, the other celebrities who had once visited Pacquiao at training camp, include Mark Wahlberg, Jeremy Piven, Christian Bale and Mickey Rourke.
Bradley with Will Ferrell, Kevin Spacey, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka
However, Pacquiao isn't the only rubbing elbows with the biggest names in the entertainment industry. On March 5, Bradley attended the 10th Annual Desert Smash celebrity tennis charity event. Bradley posed with Will Ferrell, Kevin Spacey, and top-ranked tennis players Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka. According to ENTScoop, Ferrell even outbid everyone at his own charity action, paying for two ringside seats in the upcoming Pacquiao-Bradley rematch for a shocking $24,000. The benefits of the said auction will go to Cancer for College, which provides college scholarships to cancer survivors.
Getting Ready for the Rematch
With just only a month's time, Pacquiao and Bradley are working hard in their respective training camps. Pacquiao continued his second leg of training at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles. A report by Yahoo Sports said that Pacquiao are spending hours of plain hard work. Pacquiao said that his main goal is to be aggressive in their rematch. "I don't think he's (Bradley) going to try to go toe-to-toe with me but I have to be more aggressive that I had been," said Pacquiao. "I had been working on being aggressive," he added.
Meanwhile, Bradley is reportedly feeling great of how he has been doing with regards to his training for Pacquiao rematch. "I'm feeling great, I'm ahead of my schedule right now," Bradley told Ben Thomson of Fight Hype. Bradley said that when he first fought Pacquiao, he trained for 12 weeks but this time around, he believes that he should be all set and ready in just eight weeks. "This time around, I'ma do eight weeks," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles