Pawan Kalyan Launches 'Jana Sena' to Serve Common Man, Protect Women, Fight Corruption
By Rama Mohan | March 15, 2014 2:55 AM EST
Popular Telugu actor Pawan Kalayan has said his new political outfit "Jana Sena" would serve the common people, protect women and fight corruption. The newly launched party is to render its service to all Indians, he stated, while officially launching the party amid loud cheers from his fans, at a private hotel in Madhapur, Hyderabad on 14 March.
Pawan is the youngest brother of K Chiranjeevi, Union Tourism Minister in the Congress-led UPA government.
From the dais, the 'power star' saluted thousands of fans at the program and also the numerous people watching the live programme in front of TV sets. Pawan said that he will dare to fight corruption and the attrocities towards people.
He made it clear that he is not angry with his brother Chiranjeevi. But he was quick to add that the present political situation in the state forced him to launch the new party. He blamed Congress party leaders in Delhi for the launch of his new party, purportedly against the wish of Chiranjeevi.
"The situation has forced me to stand here (to launch Jana Sena). I would have contested as an MLA with Praja Rajyam at the maximum," Deccan Chronicle quoted him. Chiranjeevi merged Prajarajyam with Congress in February 2011, and became the union minister.
At this point, to calm down his overwhelmed fans, Pawan kept quite till they become silent.
Pawan straightaway attacked Congress leader Digvijay Singh for asking him to merge his party with Congress after some time. He said that the Congress is not Ganga river to merge everything. Stating he was not sure whether or not to enter politics till a few days back, he revealed he registered the party just two days ago.
Pawan categorically stated that the country and the society is more important to him than his family. He said he initially thought of naming his party as "Common Man Protection Force" but later decided on Jana Sena.
He also emphasised that he is not only stands for Telangana but also has ample respect for the Seemandhra region.
At the venue, his fans waved the party flags and the party's theme song was played continually. The fans shouted the slogan: "Jai Pawan, Jai Jana Sena." The program organisers had also provided private security to Image Gardens in the city, where lunch was served to the fans. About 300 private security guards and 200 police constables were deployed at Image Gardens.
The party launch dais was designed by noted art director Anand Sai. It is said that invitations were sent to about 500 VIPs and 2,500 fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell