Police Provides Tight Security to Pawan Kalyan's New Party 'Jana Sena' Launch
By Rama Mohan | March 15, 2014 1:04 AM EST
To control the berserk of the 'mega fans' of Pawan Kalyan, Hyderabad police has taken all precautionaly measures at the Novatel Hotel, Madhapur - the launch venue of the actor's new political party "Jana Sena" (people's army). Thousands of fans have reached the venue, where Pawan is to launch the party on 14 March.
Jana Sena Logo (Facebook)
Pawan is a popular Telugu actor. K Chiranjeevi, the current Union Tourism Minister, is Pawan's elder brother. Chiranjeevi is also a big star of Tollywood. Pawan also commands equal fan following in Andhra Pradesh and is known as 'power star'.
Reports say the Cyberabad police has asked the organisers of the new party launch to end the program by 10pm. The program was expected to start at 6pm. Citing the Model Code of Conduct of the elections, Cyberabad DCP Krantirana Tata has said that only those with access passes will be permitted to the venue. And fans would also not be allowed to assemble in front of the venue, as the election code does not permit it.
Fans will be allowed inside the venue from 2pm onwards. The venue is to accommodate about 6,000 members. Reports say that the organisers have printed more than 4,000 access passes and issued them. Strong security is said to be in place around the venue. It is also said that the organisers had arranged lunch for the fans in Image Gardens in the city.
To enable people to watch the program, big screens of live telecast have been arranged state-wide, and also in a few other places like Bangalore, outside Andhra Pradesh. Trikling reports suggest that fans of Chiranjeevi will also attend Pawan's party "Jana Sena" launch in large numbers.
Chiranjeevi had reportedly requested his fans from Delhi, via video conference, to not attend the program. The fans are understood to be still dissatisfied over their star politician's decision to merge his party "Prajarajyam" with Congress in February 2011 and to become a minister at the Centre. Pawan was the president of the party's youth wing "Yuvarajyam". Media reports suggest that Kalyan did not like the merger and since then he had been indignant.
Now, Pawan wants to reveal his own political intentions by the launch of his own party. He will release the party's ideologies and their symbol - a six-angle star. It is said that the dais will have only Pawan, where he is scheduled to deliver a 45-minute emotional speech. He is expected to touch up on speculative news doing rounds that there are differences between him and Chiranjeevi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- British PM Cameron Urges Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales