2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift Spied Testing Again
By greeshma m | March 15, 2014 12:07 AM EST
Mahindra & Mahindra's 2014 Scorpio facelift has been spied testing in India again.
2014 Mahindra Scorpio facelift
The upcoming SUV has already made numerous appearances on the web, through spied images and leaked specifications. Now, the latest leak consists of images of the test mule of the Scorpio facelift, which was caught testing in Chennai. Indian Autos Blog has the photos.
Though the images do not reveal much details of the SUV, reports suggest that the upcoming Scorpio will boast changes both inside and outside. Under the hood, the Scorpio facelift is expected to pack the same 2.2 liter four cylinder turbocharged mHawk diesel engine, which powers the current model. The engine is likely to offer a power of 120 bhp and peak torque of 290 Nm.
The vehicle is likely to parade a new set of headlamps, front grille, a revised front bumper and revamped tail lamps on the exterior. As far the interior is concerned, the all new Scorpio appears to be inspired from the XUV 500.
Going by the rumours, the new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance. Though the company has not revealed the launch date and the pricing details of the SUV, the repeated sighting of the vehicle on the Indian roads suggest that the launch will happen soon.
The company is also rumoured to launch the automatic gearbox variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500 by mid-2015. Recently, Mahindra XUV500 crossed a milestone 75,000 units sales since its launch in 2011. Unveiled in September 2011, across five Indian cities, the cheetah-inspired XUV500 drew massive attention due to its stylish frame and state-of-the-art technologies.
In February, Mahindra & Mahindra slashed the prices of its passenger vehicle portfolio, ranging from ₹13,000 to ₹49, 000, following the excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate