2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift Spied Testing Again
By greeshma m | March 15, 2014 12:07 AM EST
Mahindra & Mahindra's 2014 Scorpio facelift has been spied testing in India again.
2014 Mahindra Scorpio facelift
The upcoming SUV has already made numerous appearances on the web, through spied images and leaked specifications. Now, the latest leak consists of images of the test mule of the Scorpio facelift, which was caught testing in Chennai. Indian Autos Blog has the photos.
Though the images do not reveal much details of the SUV, reports suggest that the upcoming Scorpio will boast changes both inside and outside. Under the hood, the Scorpio facelift is expected to pack the same 2.2 liter four cylinder turbocharged mHawk diesel engine, which powers the current model. The engine is likely to offer a power of 120 bhp and peak torque of 290 Nm.
The vehicle is likely to parade a new set of headlamps, front grille, a revised front bumper and revamped tail lamps on the exterior. As far the interior is concerned, the all new Scorpio appears to be inspired from the XUV 500.
Going by the rumours, the new Scorpio might also get 6-speed automatic transmission for improved performance. Though the company has not revealed the launch date and the pricing details of the SUV, the repeated sighting of the vehicle on the Indian roads suggest that the launch will happen soon.
The company is also rumoured to launch the automatic gearbox variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500 by mid-2015. Recently, Mahindra XUV500 crossed a milestone 75,000 units sales since its launch in 2011. Unveiled in September 2011, across five Indian cities, the cheetah-inspired XUV500 drew massive attention due to its stylish frame and state-of-the-art technologies.
In February, Mahindra & Mahindra slashed the prices of its passenger vehicle portfolio, ranging from ₹13,000 to ₹49, 000, following the excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On