Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Rules BO Market; ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ Starts Slow
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 10:42 PM EST
After having an extraordinary first week, "Queen" started second week on a grand note, while the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" started on a slow note.
The women oriented film, which showed day-wise improvement in its earning, has finished its first week theatrical run on a very good note.
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" raked in around ₹18.80 crore from its seven days run.
The collection of the film showed upward trend especially during weekdays. Wednesday and Thursday collections were in the same range, but better than other weekdays.
The first week breakup of the film, according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹1.75 crore, Saturday ₹3.50 crore, Sunday ₹4.75 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore, Tuesday ₹2.15 crore, Wednesday ₹2.30 crore and Thursday ₹2.30 crore.
The film is expected to dominate the box office market in second week also since the word of mouth is pretty strong.
Meanwhile, the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" starring Rishi Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor had opened to weak occupancy in morning shows. The Yash Raj Production film opened to dull houses in India.
The film registered around 20 to 25 percent occupancy in the morning shows, despite having known star cast in the film.
The pre-release buzz of the film was low and also the songs, which are one of the reasons for the film to run well at the box office, failed to impress audiences. Even the promotion of the film has been pretty low-key which affected the morning shows occupancy.
The film is reportedly affected due to the pre-Holi week which is considered to be dull period, according to Bollywood Hungama. Also due to 10th and 12th board exams, the collections of all the film are quite low.
But still the film has an advantage to fetch well at domestic box office since there is holiday on Monday across the country.
"Bewakoofiyaan" is a romantic comedy film released on Friday with mixed reviews. Critics have praised Kapoor for his performance. [Read the critics review here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation