Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Rules BO Market; ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ Starts Slow
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 10:42 PM EST
After having an extraordinary first week, "Queen" started second week on a grand note, while the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" started on a slow note.
The women oriented film, which showed day-wise improvement in its earning, has finished its first week theatrical run on a very good note.
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" raked in around ₹18.80 crore from its seven days run.
The collection of the film showed upward trend especially during weekdays. Wednesday and Thursday collections were in the same range, but better than other weekdays.
The first week breakup of the film, according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹1.75 crore, Saturday ₹3.50 crore, Sunday ₹4.75 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore, Tuesday ₹2.15 crore, Wednesday ₹2.30 crore and Thursday ₹2.30 crore.
The film is expected to dominate the box office market in second week also since the word of mouth is pretty strong.
Meanwhile, the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" starring Rishi Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor had opened to weak occupancy in morning shows. The Yash Raj Production film opened to dull houses in India.
The film registered around 20 to 25 percent occupancy in the morning shows, despite having known star cast in the film.
The pre-release buzz of the film was low and also the songs, which are one of the reasons for the film to run well at the box office, failed to impress audiences. Even the promotion of the film has been pretty low-key which affected the morning shows occupancy.
The film is reportedly affected due to the pre-Holi week which is considered to be dull period, according to Bollywood Hungama. Also due to 10th and 12th board exams, the collections of all the film are quite low.
But still the film has an advantage to fetch well at domestic box office since there is holiday on Monday across the country.
"Bewakoofiyaan" is a romantic comedy film released on Friday with mixed reviews. Critics have praised Kapoor for his performance. [Read the critics review here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money