Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Rules BO Market; ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ Starts Slow
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 10:42 PM EST
After having an extraordinary first week, "Queen" started second week on a grand note, while the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" started on a slow note.
The women oriented film, which showed day-wise improvement in its earning, has finished its first week theatrical run on a very good note.
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" raked in around ₹18.80 crore from its seven days run.
The collection of the film showed upward trend especially during weekdays. Wednesday and Thursday collections were in the same range, but better than other weekdays.
The first week breakup of the film, according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹1.75 crore, Saturday ₹3.50 crore, Sunday ₹4.75 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore, Tuesday ₹2.15 crore, Wednesday ₹2.30 crore and Thursday ₹2.30 crore.
The film is expected to dominate the box office market in second week also since the word of mouth is pretty strong.
Meanwhile, the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" starring Rishi Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor had opened to weak occupancy in morning shows. The Yash Raj Production film opened to dull houses in India.
The film registered around 20 to 25 percent occupancy in the morning shows, despite having known star cast in the film.
The pre-release buzz of the film was low and also the songs, which are one of the reasons for the film to run well at the box office, failed to impress audiences. Even the promotion of the film has been pretty low-key which affected the morning shows occupancy.
The film is reportedly affected due to the pre-Holi week which is considered to be dull period, according to Bollywood Hungama. Also due to 10th and 12th board exams, the collections of all the film are quite low.
But still the film has an advantage to fetch well at domestic box office since there is holiday on Monday across the country.
"Bewakoofiyaan" is a romantic comedy film released on Friday with mixed reviews. Critics have praised Kapoor for his performance. [Read the critics review here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell