Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Rules BO Market; ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ Starts Slow
By Ankita Mehta | March 14, 2014 10:42 PM EST
After having an extraordinary first week, "Queen" started second week on a grand note, while the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" started on a slow note.
The women oriented film, which showed day-wise improvement in its earning, has finished its first week theatrical run on a very good note.
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao starrer "Queen" raked in around ₹18.80 crore from its seven days run.
The collection of the film showed upward trend especially during weekdays. Wednesday and Thursday collections were in the same range, but better than other weekdays.
The first week breakup of the film, according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹1.75 crore, Saturday ₹3.50 crore, Sunday ₹4.75 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore, Tuesday ₹2.15 crore, Wednesday ₹2.30 crore and Thursday ₹2.30 crore.
The film is expected to dominate the box office market in second week also since the word of mouth is pretty strong.
Meanwhile, the new release "Bewakoofiyaan" starring Rishi Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor had opened to weak occupancy in morning shows. The Yash Raj Production film opened to dull houses in India.
The film registered around 20 to 25 percent occupancy in the morning shows, despite having known star cast in the film.
The pre-release buzz of the film was low and also the songs, which are one of the reasons for the film to run well at the box office, failed to impress audiences. Even the promotion of the film has been pretty low-key which affected the morning shows occupancy.
The film is reportedly affected due to the pre-Holi week which is considered to be dull period, according to Bollywood Hungama. Also due to 10th and 12th board exams, the collections of all the film are quite low.
But still the film has an advantage to fetch well at domestic box office since there is holiday on Monday across the country.
"Bewakoofiyaan" is a romantic comedy film released on Friday with mixed reviews. Critics have praised Kapoor for his performance. [Read the critics review here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June