Nawazuddin Siddiqui to replace Farhan Akhtar in Shah Rukh starrer 'Raees'?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 14, 2014 10:29 PM EST
Shah Rukh Khan starring "Raees" will have a change in the cast as actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui is expected to slip in the role previously allotted to Farhan Akhtar.
Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui with partner
Akhtar was initially signed to play the role of a police officer in the Rahul Dholakia film. Latest development however, has forced the "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" star to quit the scene making way for the talented Siddiqui.
Akhtar had committed to the film a long time ago and was even recorded sharing bits about the film, when he revealed that superstar Khan will be seen as a local gangster in the flick.
But now, a major change in the allotted schedule of "Raees" has led to date clashes in the 40-year-old's packed schedule
"With Shah Rukh's injuries, the shoot of "Raees" got pushed forward. Zoya's (Akhtar) "Dil Dhadakne Do" also got delayed and eventually Farhan's dates for "Raees" were clashing with those that he had allotted to Bijoy Nambiar's film for Vinod Chopra. Farhan eventually realised that he would have to let this film go as he didn't want to delay the project any further. If all goes well, "Raees" should now roll post monsoon," informed a source to Times of India.
While Siddiqui's role in the film is expected to be a significant one, but the film's production house, Excel Entertainment, hasn't confirmed the report of his casting yet.
"The Lunchbox" actor is already working with Salman Khan in the upcoming "Kick" and if he comes on board for "Raees," it will be a double bonanza for the acclaimed actor providing him the opportunity to work with the stalwart Khans consecutively.
Siddiqui, however has already worked with the perfectionist Aamir Khan in "Talaash" and was also seen in a minor character in "Sarfarosh."
Meanwhile, the 39-year-old is also in talks of starring in a Varun Dhawan film which is likely to be produced by Saif Ali Khan's production house. The film will feature Huma Qureshi as one of the female leads and is to be directed by Sriram Raghavan of "Agent Vinod" fame.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date