Michael Jackson Abused Pet Chimpanzee Bubbles, Says Expert Jane Goodall
By Keerthi Mohan | March 14, 2014 9:53 PM EST
Bubbles, the chimpanzee that was Michael Jackson’s pet at one point, was physically abused while in the singer’s care, according to an expert.
Jane Goodall, a British primatologist, told TMZ that she even confronted Jackson regarding the abuse, and that it “ticked him off.”
U.S. artist Jeff Koons' sculpture titled "Michael Jackson and Bubbles" is displayed at the Chateau de Versailles (Versailles Palace) near Paris, September 9, 2008.
Although she did not elaborate on the circumstances leading up to the alleged beatings, she is not the first person accusing Jackson of hurting the chimpanzee.
Jack Gordon, LaToya Jackson’s former husband, told TMZ that he once saw the king of pop punching the monkey.
"I saw Michael punch Bubbles, kick him in the stomach. Michael used to say, 'He doesn't feel it. He's a chimpanzee. I have to discipline him," Gordon told TMZ.
People close to Jackson have denied these claims saying that the chimpanzee was treated like a king. Reportedly, he slept in a crib in Jackson’s room and had constant access to the unlimited treats kept for him.
At Neverland Ranch, Bubbles was fed in the dining room and even had access to Jackson’s private toilet.
There are conflicting reports on how Jackson came to be in possession of Bubbles in the early 1980s, when the chimpanzee was just eight months old.
Reportedly, Bubbles even accompanied Jackson to Japan during his Bad World Tour and had the opportunity to drink tea with the mayor of Osaka.
Jackson’s attachment to Bubbles led to media mockery and garnered him the nickname "Wacko Jacko," as the pair often dressed in similar outfits.
Bubbles is now 30 years old and lives in an animal sanctuary in Florida. After giving up the chimpanzee, Jackson had plans to visit Bubbles in the sanctuary, but he never made it.
Besides Bubbles, Jackson is believed to have kept several other chimpanzees as pets. During his People v. Jackson trial in 2005, Jackson told jurors that several of them help him clean the house.
“They run around and help me clean the room. They help me dust and clean the windows,” he said, according to Mirror.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage