Kannada Actor Ambareesh Out of ICU in Singapore Hospital
By Sahaja K R | March 14, 2014 9:47 PM EST
Kannada actor and Karnataka State Housing Minister was reportedly shifted out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in the Singapore Hospital on Thursday, 13 March 2014.
Kannada actor Ambareesh
The 61-year-old has been shifted to a special ward, according to The Times of India. Ambareesh who was diagnosed of lung infection is currently being treated at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
The actor's wife Sumalatha has given the latest update that the doctors have started with the physiotherapy for Ambareesh. "He is doing quite well and resting a lot. He is in the special ward as it's not advisable for him to meet visitors, yet until he recuperates and gets stronger," Sumalatha was quoted as saying by TOI.
Ambareesh was first admitted to the Vikram Hospital in Bangalore when he complained of difficulty in breathing on 21 February. He was taken to the hospital in Singapore on 1 March on the advice of Tamil superstar Rajinikanth. Ambareesh, who was flown to Singapore via an air-ambulance has been responding well to the treatment and recovering every day.
The actor was taken off the ventilator on 6 March and now he is out of ICU. This shows that Ambareesh's health is improving. Ambareesh's infection has gone down, but the family has not given any details about when the actor will return to India.
Reporters have tried to contact the Mount Elizabeth Hospital to get more details about Ambareesh, but according to the hospital policies, all patient information will be kept confidential. When Ambareesh was first admitted to the hospital, there were all kinds of rumours surrounding his health, but they seem to have settled now.
In the past Rajinikanth was admitted in the same hospital and he was treated for kidney related problems. He was in Singapore for six weeks and then returned to India after he recovered.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide