Samsung Working on 2K (2560x1600p) Resolution Super AMOLED Tablet: Report
By Rohit KVN | March 14, 2014 9:43 PM EST
Earlier in the year, Samsung unveiled two high-end tablets - Galaxy Tab Pro and Note Pro last month. Now a new report has surfaced online suggesting that a third slate with much superior specifications is on its way this year.
Journalists walk at the Samsung booth during a media preview day at the IFA in Berlin, in this September 5, 2013. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch/Files
Samsung community website, SamMobile known for its fairly accurate prediction has come with a new scoop that the South Korean company is building a top-end tablet with Super AMOLED screen based tablet, a second such slate to come out of Samsung since Galaxy Tab 7.7, which was launched in 2011.
Back then, Galaxy Tab 7.7 flaunted a HD (1280x800p) display, however, this time the upgrade will be monumental as it is said to boast 2K (2560x1600p) resolutions. No other slates in the market feature this kind of high-resolution screen in the current market.
The new Samsung tablet is expected to come in three variants - Wi-Fi only, 3G and 4G-LTE models and all are said to run on the latest Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with the usual Custom TouchWiz UI (having Magazine UX) and will be powered by the company's in-house built Exynos 5 series processor. The firm is also said to be working things out to incorporate the new Ultra Power Saving Mode seen in the newly unveiled Galaxy S5 to the upcoming tablet.
The website's source is unsure of the size of the upcoming tablet at this point of time, but it is expected to fall under 8.0-inch and 10.0-inch measurement.
As of now, there is no word when the new Samsung tablet would make its debut, but Samsung is slated to launch mid-range Tab 4 series very soon as they reportedly passed American telecommunication agency FCC (Federal Communication Commission) certifications. [For rumored specification details of Galaxy Tab 4 devices, click here]
Apart from Galaxy Tab 4 and the rumored Super AMOLED based slate, Samsung was also expected to launch Galaxy Nexus 10 2 early this year, but it continues to elude Nexus tablet fans as various international electronics trade fairs - CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and MWC (Mobile World Congress) have went past by this year already and yet there is no sign of the device. Until the co-developers Google and Samsung come out and clear the air over the speculations, the rumors will continue to flood the Internet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys