New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch in May; Bookings, Delivery, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 14, 2014 9:23 PM EST
It was only in February the auto enthusiasts in India caught a glimpse of Toyota's new Corolla Altis at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.Now the latest report suggests that the Japanese car maker, Toyota is likely to bring its much anticipated Corolla Altis in May 2014.
New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch In May
Auto Car India, which said to have confirmed the report says that the Toyota Corolla Altis will make its debut in India on 27 May and the deliveries of the vehicle are likely to start in the first week of June.
The Corolla Altis will be available in India with both petrol and diesel variants. Powered by the 1.8 liter petrol engine, the new Altis petrol model is expected to deliver a power of 140 PS at 6400 rpm and torque at 190 Nm at 4000 rpm, while the 1.4-litre four-cylinder D-4D diesel engine is likely to produce 88.4 PS at 3,800 rpm.
The car is expected to accommodate the premium features like push button start, rain-sensing wipers, keyless entry, LED Daytime running lights, Rear view camera, 7 inch touch screen infotainment system and 8 way adjustable seats for driver. The new Altis measures 4,620 mm in length, 1,776 mm in width and 1,475 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,700 mm. In India, the upcoming car will be offered in seven colour variants.
Even though there is no official word from the Toyota, reports claim that the dealers across India have started to accept booking for the new Corolla Altis with an advance payment of ₹50,000. The car will be pitted against the Skoda Octavia, Renault Fluence and Volkswagen Jetta in India.
The company which has been sailing in India since 1997 recently achieved another landmark of one million sales in the domestic market.In February, Toyota announced a price cut across its models in India, in the wake of the latest excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists