New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch in May; Bookings, Delivery, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 14, 2014 9:23 PM EST
It was only in February the auto enthusiasts in India caught a glimpse of Toyota's new Corolla Altis at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.Now the latest report suggests that the Japanese car maker, Toyota is likely to bring its much anticipated Corolla Altis in May 2014.
New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch In May
Auto Car India, which said to have confirmed the report says that the Toyota Corolla Altis will make its debut in India on 27 May and the deliveries of the vehicle are likely to start in the first week of June.
The Corolla Altis will be available in India with both petrol and diesel variants. Powered by the 1.8 liter petrol engine, the new Altis petrol model is expected to deliver a power of 140 PS at 6400 rpm and torque at 190 Nm at 4000 rpm, while the 1.4-litre four-cylinder D-4D diesel engine is likely to produce 88.4 PS at 3,800 rpm.
The car is expected to accommodate the premium features like push button start, rain-sensing wipers, keyless entry, LED Daytime running lights, Rear view camera, 7 inch touch screen infotainment system and 8 way adjustable seats for driver. The new Altis measures 4,620 mm in length, 1,776 mm in width and 1,475 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,700 mm. In India, the upcoming car will be offered in seven colour variants.
Even though there is no official word from the Toyota, reports claim that the dealers across India have started to accept booking for the new Corolla Altis with an advance payment of ₹50,000. The car will be pitted against the Skoda Octavia, Renault Fluence and Volkswagen Jetta in India.
The company which has been sailing in India since 1997 recently achieved another landmark of one million sales in the domestic market.In February, Toyota announced a price cut across its models in India, in the wake of the latest excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales