New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch in May; Bookings, Delivery, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 14, 2014 9:23 PM EST
It was only in February the auto enthusiasts in India caught a glimpse of Toyota's new Corolla Altis at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.Now the latest report suggests that the Japanese car maker, Toyota is likely to bring its much anticipated Corolla Altis in May 2014.
New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch In May
Auto Car India, which said to have confirmed the report says that the Toyota Corolla Altis will make its debut in India on 27 May and the deliveries of the vehicle are likely to start in the first week of June.
The Corolla Altis will be available in India with both petrol and diesel variants. Powered by the 1.8 liter petrol engine, the new Altis petrol model is expected to deliver a power of 140 PS at 6400 rpm and torque at 190 Nm at 4000 rpm, while the 1.4-litre four-cylinder D-4D diesel engine is likely to produce 88.4 PS at 3,800 rpm.
The car is expected to accommodate the premium features like push button start, rain-sensing wipers, keyless entry, LED Daytime running lights, Rear view camera, 7 inch touch screen infotainment system and 8 way adjustable seats for driver. The new Altis measures 4,620 mm in length, 1,776 mm in width and 1,475 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,700 mm. In India, the upcoming car will be offered in seven colour variants.
Even though there is no official word from the Toyota, reports claim that the dealers across India have started to accept booking for the new Corolla Altis with an advance payment of ₹50,000. The car will be pitted against the Skoda Octavia, Renault Fluence and Volkswagen Jetta in India.
The company which has been sailing in India since 1997 recently achieved another landmark of one million sales in the domestic market.In February, Toyota announced a price cut across its models in India, in the wake of the latest excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8