New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch in May; Bookings, Delivery, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 14, 2014 9:23 PM EST
It was only in February the auto enthusiasts in India caught a glimpse of Toyota's new Corolla Altis at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014.Now the latest report suggests that the Japanese car maker, Toyota is likely to bring its much anticipated Corolla Altis in May 2014.
New Toyota Corolla Altis India Launch In May
Auto Car India, which said to have confirmed the report says that the Toyota Corolla Altis will make its debut in India on 27 May and the deliveries of the vehicle are likely to start in the first week of June.
The Corolla Altis will be available in India with both petrol and diesel variants. Powered by the 1.8 liter petrol engine, the new Altis petrol model is expected to deliver a power of 140 PS at 6400 rpm and torque at 190 Nm at 4000 rpm, while the 1.4-litre four-cylinder D-4D diesel engine is likely to produce 88.4 PS at 3,800 rpm.
The car is expected to accommodate the premium features like push button start, rain-sensing wipers, keyless entry, LED Daytime running lights, Rear view camera, 7 inch touch screen infotainment system and 8 way adjustable seats for driver. The new Altis measures 4,620 mm in length, 1,776 mm in width and 1,475 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,700 mm. In India, the upcoming car will be offered in seven colour variants.
Even though there is no official word from the Toyota, reports claim that the dealers across India have started to accept booking for the new Corolla Altis with an advance payment of ₹50,000. The car will be pitted against the Skoda Octavia, Renault Fluence and Volkswagen Jetta in India.
The company which has been sailing in India since 1997 recently achieved another landmark of one million sales in the domestic market.In February, Toyota announced a price cut across its models in India, in the wake of the latest excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes