'Stalin' Director Murugadoss Wants to Work with Mahesh Babu, Ram Charan
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 14, 2014 8:22 PM EST
Director Murugadoss, who has etched a name for himself in south film industry and Bollywood, has shown interest in doing a straight Telugu film in the future.
Murugadoss had done a straight film in Telugu with Chiranjeevi in the lead some eight years ago. The film titled "Stalin," which released in 2006, was a big hit at the box office.
After many years, the director has now evinced interest to do a direct Telugu film.
Recently, a press meet was held to promote the Telugu dubbed version of "Raja Rani" in Hyderabad. Speaking at the event, Murugadoss said that he was a big fan of Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu. The director expressed his interest to work with Mahesh Babu and Ram Charan.
The "Thuppakki" director reportedly has written two scripts - one each for Ram Charan and Mahesh Babu. Producer Allu Aravind is said to be planning to produce Ram Charan's film, according to a report in Gulte.
On the other hand, Murugadoss has reportedly readied a storyline that would suit Mahesh Babu. If the actor likes the story, Murugadoss prefers to make it a Tamil-Telugu bilingual, the website reported.
The director is currently busy with Vijay starrer Tamil film. He also has a Hindi film titled "Holiday" (remake of "Thuppakki") gearing up for release in June. Moreover, Mahesh Babu and Ram Charan are also busy with their upcoming projects.
While Mahesh is working in "Aagadu," Ram Charan is doing a family entertainer with director Krishna Vamsi. Apart from these films, the actors also have a few new projects in the pipeline.
Mahesh Babu has Sukumar's film and there is also a buzz that he will work with director Maniratnam. Ram Charan has reportedly signed up a film with "Legend" director Boyapati Srinu. He is expected to start the film after completing the Krishna Vamsi project.
It is not clear as to when the Murugadoss's films will kick off. Buzz is that the films will go on floors in 2015. While all these are speculations, there is no official confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date