‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7 Episode 18: Will Sheldon’s Relationship with Amy Change after ‘The Mommy Observation’?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 14, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Sheldon Cooper might not like changes but in the previous few episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" season 7 he has been forced to deal with quite a few, including taking his relationship with Amy to the next level.
The Big Bang Theory
Amy got her best Valentine’s Day gift when Sheldon kissed her, proving he is capable of an intimate relationship. But is he ready to take the next step?
The upcoming episodes might answer that but this week Sheldon will be forced to accept yet another change when he visits his mother in Houston.
Thursday’s episode of “The Big Bang Theory” saw Sheldon visiting his mother and gets the shock of his life when he sees his mother with another man.
“I saw my mommy with a naked man!” Sheldon tells Howard, “And she was trying to be a mommy again!”
Instead of knocking on the door, Sheldon bolts to the car and finally finds refuge in a bar. While Sheldon has almost made up his mind to tell his mother that he would never forgive her, Howard dissuades Sheldon saying he should not get in the way of his mother’s happiness.
“Do you have any idea what it’s like to see your mother ravaging someone?” Howard responds, “Does a brisket count?”
Laurie Metcalf reprises her role as Mary Cooper, and with her no nonsense Texas attitude she puts Sheldon in his place, when he accuses her of "fornicating like a demonic weasel".
Sheldon gets sent to his room when he returns home and calls her a pervert. Later, the mother and son have a heart-to-heart talk where Mary concedes to not being perfect, and Sheldon ends up talking to her about condoms.
Now that he has accepted his mother as a sexual being, will Sheldon decide to take his relationship with Amy to the next level?
Going by Raj’s predictions, there will not be any change in their relationship in the next 20 years. During Raj’s murder mystery dinner, the group reads Raj’s future cards for them, and Amy and Sheldon’s relationship is said to be somewhat similar to what it is now.
But for Penny and Leonard, it’s splitsville. Raj predicts the couple will put their work ahead of their relationship and this will create a wedge between them.
Following the prediction, Penny and Leonard fight and Stuart intervenes to assure them they are perfect for each other.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast