Unlocked HTC One Price Plummets as HTC One Up Release Date Nears
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 14, 2014 7:36 PM EST
HTC America has announced the unlocked HTC One is now available for $499.99 in HTC's online store in the US. The smartphone received a $100 price cut. Network restricted variants also received deals and discounts until the price reached $0.01 with a contract.
Some consumers were wary to bite on to this deal as HTC One Up will arrive in more than a week. It was expected the upcoming handset will be released as a $650 price point. Some buyers may wait until for the second generation of HTC One before deciding to whether to take advantage of the deal.
Some of the rumored HTC One Up features waiting fans may see are the 5-inch 1080p screen display, 2.3 GHz quad core Snapdragon 801 and 2,600 mAh battery.
According to Droid-Life, a new sales guide has also leaked revealing some of the specs and features of the upcoming HTC One Up. The sales guide explained how to use the new features of the HTC One Up to the consumers.
Some of these features are Boomsound, BlinkFeed and HTC Duo camera. As for the dual cameras, this guide gives us a better view of what they might be used for. It said the HTC Duo cameras can be used to adjust the focus of a photo after it has been taken. This technology is similar to that of Lytro camera.
HTC was already rolling out the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS update for previous HTC handsets. It was most likely HTC's new handset will pack the latest operating system from Google - Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. Also, HTC One Max already packed a fingerprint sensor. Thus, there is a big chance that HTC One Up will pack the same technology but with improved features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles