First Look! Angelina Jolie and Daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Look Great Together in 'Malificent': See Video [VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | March 14, 2014 7:35 PM EST
Angelina Jolie is looking both scary and beautiful in the new trailers of "Malificent" where her daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt too has made her acting debut. The first look of both mother and daughter staring at each other can be seen in the latest trailer released by the movie makers. Check out the YouTube video below where Angelina Jolie is looking really wicked and her daughter Vivienne, who plays the little princess Aurora, can be seen staring at her.
Actress Angelina Jolie arrives, wearing a Elie Saab gown, at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The 38-year-old actress and her 5-year-old daughter star together in "Malificent," the upcoming Disney movie based on the story of "Sleeping Beauty." Dressed in a beautiful sweet yellow dress, Vivienne, then four, stares at her mother in a forest. Jolie earlier revealed that she had to cast her daughter in the role as all other kids were scared of her in that role. Only Vivienne was comfortable to be near Angie when she came dressed in the wicked attire with horns and dark make-up.
"We think its fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," Angelina told Entertainment Weekly in a previous interview, according to Daily Mail. However efficient they might be with their acting skills, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie do not want their kids to become actors.
"That's not our goal, for Brad and I, at all. But the other three- and four-year-old [performers] wouldn't come near me," the actress revealed.
The trailer shows a young Aurora running in the field carefree with her hair in the wind. The camera then pans to the elder Princess Aurora played by Elle Fanning who is then seen talking to Angelina's character.
"I know who you are. You've been watching over me my whole life. I know you're there," says Elle as Princess Aurora.
"Your shadow has been following me ever since I was small. Don't be afraid," Aurora adds further.
"I am not afraid," replies Angelina's bewitching voice. The film tells the little known story of Maleficent, who was simply an adversary in the original animated 1959 Disney film where Princess Aurora is put to sleep.
"Maleficent" is slated for release on May 30 and co-stars Sharlto Copley and Juno Temple. Check out the trailers below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage