First Look! Angelina Jolie and Daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Look Great Together in 'Malificent': See Video [VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | March 14, 2014 7:35 PM EST
Angelina Jolie is looking both scary and beautiful in the new trailers of "Malificent" where her daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt too has made her acting debut. The first look of both mother and daughter staring at each other can be seen in the latest trailer released by the movie makers. Check out the YouTube video below where Angelina Jolie is looking really wicked and her daughter Vivienne, who plays the little princess Aurora, can be seen staring at her.
Actress Angelina Jolie arrives, wearing a Elie Saab gown, at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The 38-year-old actress and her 5-year-old daughter star together in "Malificent," the upcoming Disney movie based on the story of "Sleeping Beauty." Dressed in a beautiful sweet yellow dress, Vivienne, then four, stares at her mother in a forest. Jolie earlier revealed that she had to cast her daughter in the role as all other kids were scared of her in that role. Only Vivienne was comfortable to be near Angie when she came dressed in the wicked attire with horns and dark make-up.
"We think its fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," Angelina told Entertainment Weekly in a previous interview, according to Daily Mail. However efficient they might be with their acting skills, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie do not want their kids to become actors.
"That's not our goal, for Brad and I, at all. But the other three- and four-year-old [performers] wouldn't come near me," the actress revealed.
The trailer shows a young Aurora running in the field carefree with her hair in the wind. The camera then pans to the elder Princess Aurora played by Elle Fanning who is then seen talking to Angelina's character.
"I know who you are. You've been watching over me my whole life. I know you're there," says Elle as Princess Aurora.
"Your shadow has been following me ever since I was small. Don't be afraid," Aurora adds further.
"I am not afraid," replies Angelina's bewitching voice. The film tells the little known story of Maleficent, who was simply an adversary in the original animated 1959 Disney film where Princess Aurora is put to sleep.
"Maleficent" is slated for release on May 30 and co-stars Sharlto Copley and Juno Temple. Check out the trailers below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks