Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone and Tablet Release Date
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 14, 2014 7:22 PM EST
Sony confirmed previous speculations that it will not release its new flagship Smartphone Sony Xperia Z2 and its tablet version in the US. The much awaited gadget duo will hit the UAE market April 17, 2014.
Sony Xperia Z2 is making a buzz in the mobile world arousing curiosity if Sony's new flagship can truly compete with the more popular brands in terms of global sales such as Samsung and iPhone. However, releasing gadgets to go head on with Samsung Galaxy 5 and iPhone 5s is not only what the Japanese originated brand wanted to do.
Sony to take Blackberry's position in the global market.
Recently, Sony released a statement that they will release flagship products to be announced every six months. The goal is to snatch Blackberry's position in the mobile market and following the lead of Apple and Samsung.
"The idea is to come out with innovative products and bring them to the market as quickly as possible rather than aim for an annual routine," said Izzat Kittaneh, Director Business Management at Sony MEA in a report by Emirates 24/7.
Six-month upgrade cycle to create more powerful devices.
Sony is expecting a transformational year, making more powerful devices than ever. They are highlighting features that other manufacturers do not offer like the dust and waterproof attributes that is perfect for users who wants a gadget that can stand rain and accidental drop in the water.
Sony Xperia Z2 features amazing capabilities.
Another feature that Sony Xperia Z2 boasts is the 20.7 mega pixel camera tagged as the "world's best camera and camcorder" in their YouTube promotional video. Furthermore, Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a noise cancelling technology, the industry's first, alongside a 4K video recording capability.
With all the features Sony is packing in their newest gadgets, it shows that the company means serious business, forwarding to their goal to be a Smartphone global leader. The competition between Smartphone manufacturers is becoming tighter, and users will not be surprised if future flagship gadgets will be able to do the impossible.
Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone will have a price tag of AU$899.95 for the Australian market. The Sony Xperia Z2 tablet variant price announcement is to be revealed yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]