'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Number 1 on 'Summer's Most Anticipated Movies' of 2014; Things to Know About the Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 14, 2014 7:17 PM EST
There is no stopping them. The "X-Men" are definitely back. With the new reel "X-Men: Days of Future Past," the world is, once again, in for a roller coaster ride.
Actor Hugh Jackman poses as he arrives at the UK Premiere of "The Wolverine" at Leicester Square in London
With the release of "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014 on Rotten Tomatoes Web site, the thrill even gets bigger. "X-Men: Days of Future Past" ranked as number 1 with 100% according to "want to see" percentage, beating other movies also set to release this summer.
Here is the complete list of "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014 according to Rotten Tomatoes:
1. X-Men: Days of Future Past
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3. How to Train Your Dragon 2
4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. 22 Jump Street
9. Transformers: Age of Extinction
Spoiler Alert! The following may contain content that may give away important details about "X-Men: Days of Future Past" movie. Otherwise, read on.
"The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past - to save our future," Twentieth Century Fox wrote on IMDb.
The superhero film that is based on the characters of X-Men comics is the third installment for "X-Men: The Last Stand" in 2006 and "X-Men: First Class." Also, the new X-Men is a follow-up for the movie "The Wolverine" in 2013.
According to an IMDb trivia, Hugh Jackman, playing the role of Logan/Wolverine, is said to have raised his own record for the "most times a comic book character has been played by the same actor in theatrical films" with seven times portrayal of the said character.
Consider this the real spoiler because Wolverine, played by Jackman, is going to be the time-traveler who will bridge the past and the future. Wolverine is also the only character in the movie who will show up as an "ageless immortal character." In the comic "Days of Future Past," however, it was Shadowcat.
The shooting of the superhero film went on under the working title "Hello Kitty." Why is that? The trivia stated that because the title was referred to an X-Men member Kitty Pryde.
Huge stars Hugh Jackam, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart will be part of the movie.
According to the trailer of X-Men: Days of Future Past posted on YouTube, the superhero film is set to hit theaters on Mar. 23, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica