'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Number 1 on 'Summer's Most Anticipated Movies' of 2014; Things to Know About the Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 14, 2014 7:17 PM EST
There is no stopping them. The "X-Men" are definitely back. With the new reel "X-Men: Days of Future Past," the world is, once again, in for a roller coaster ride.
Actor Hugh Jackman poses as he arrives at the UK Premiere of "The Wolverine" at Leicester Square in London
With the release of "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014 on Rotten Tomatoes Web site, the thrill even gets bigger. "X-Men: Days of Future Past" ranked as number 1 with 100% according to "want to see" percentage, beating other movies also set to release this summer.
Here is the complete list of "Summer's Most Anticipated Movies" of 2014 according to Rotten Tomatoes:
1. X-Men: Days of Future Past
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3. How to Train Your Dragon 2
4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. 22 Jump Street
9. Transformers: Age of Extinction
Spoiler Alert! The following may contain content that may give away important details about "X-Men: Days of Future Past" movie. Otherwise, read on.
"The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past - to save our future," Twentieth Century Fox wrote on IMDb.
The superhero film that is based on the characters of X-Men comics is the third installment for "X-Men: The Last Stand" in 2006 and "X-Men: First Class." Also, the new X-Men is a follow-up for the movie "The Wolverine" in 2013.
According to an IMDb trivia, Hugh Jackman, playing the role of Logan/Wolverine, is said to have raised his own record for the "most times a comic book character has been played by the same actor in theatrical films" with seven times portrayal of the said character.
Consider this the real spoiler because Wolverine, played by Jackman, is going to be the time-traveler who will bridge the past and the future. Wolverine is also the only character in the movie who will show up as an "ageless immortal character." In the comic "Days of Future Past," however, it was Shadowcat.
The shooting of the superhero film went on under the working title "Hello Kitty." Why is that? The trivia stated that because the title was referred to an X-Men member Kitty Pryde.
Huge stars Hugh Jackam, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart will be part of the movie.
According to the trailer of X-Men: Days of Future Past posted on YouTube, the superhero film is set to hit theaters on Mar. 23, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements