Mahindra Mojo 300 in Testing Phase; Speculated Launch, Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 14, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Mahindra's much-anticipated Mojo 300 has been spied testing in India, suggesting the possible launch of the motorcycle in the domestic market soon.
Mahindra Two Wheelers, a part of Mahindra and Mahindra, showcased the production-ready Mojo 300 motorcycle at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014. Now, the folks at Motoroids have released a set of spy shots of the bike, which has been spotted testing in Pune.
Indian two-wheeler enthusiasts have waited long to see the new motorcycle of Mahindra on the road. Though the company is yet to reveal the launch date of Mojo 300, reports suggested that the launch will happen in 2014 itself.
Talking of the engine specifications of the Mojo, the bike is expected to come with liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, which can churn out a power of 27 bhp at 8000 rpm and a peak torque 25 Nm at 6500 rpm. Weighing 165 kgs, the upcoming Mojo gives a power to weight ratio of 164 hp per ton. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed transmission and the bike will house features like disc brakes, USD forks and Pirelli Sport Demon tyres.
When launched, the Mojo will take on the likes of Pulsar CS, Pulsar SS, the Kawasaki Ninja 300R, the Honda CBR 250R/300R and the KTM Duke 390. Rumours are rife that Mahindra's new two-wheeler offering is likely to fall in the price range of 2 lakh. The company, which made its comeback with the launch of 110cc Pantero and Centuro in India, is most likely to announce the launch of Mojo 300 in September.
Previous reports suggested that Mahindra Two Wheelers is also developing a 160cc motorcycle, which would challenge Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSI and the TVS Apache RTR160. The company has always been coy about the upcoming product releases and plans. However, the 160cc motorcycle is also speculated for a 2014 launch.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon