Mahindra Mojo 300 in Testing Phase; Speculated Launch, Price and Features Details
By greeshma m | March 14, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Mahindra's much-anticipated Mojo 300 has been spied testing in India, suggesting the possible launch of the motorcycle in the domestic market soon.
Mahindra Two Wheelers, a part of Mahindra and Mahindra, showcased the production-ready Mojo 300 motorcycle at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014. Now, the folks at Motoroids have released a set of spy shots of the bike, which has been spotted testing in Pune.
Indian two-wheeler enthusiasts have waited long to see the new motorcycle of Mahindra on the road. Though the company is yet to reveal the launch date of Mojo 300, reports suggested that the launch will happen in 2014 itself.
Talking of the engine specifications of the Mojo, the bike is expected to come with liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, which can churn out a power of 27 bhp at 8000 rpm and a peak torque 25 Nm at 6500 rpm. Weighing 165 kgs, the upcoming Mojo gives a power to weight ratio of 164 hp per ton. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed transmission and the bike will house features like disc brakes, USD forks and Pirelli Sport Demon tyres.
When launched, the Mojo will take on the likes of Pulsar CS, Pulsar SS, the Kawasaki Ninja 300R, the Honda CBR 250R/300R and the KTM Duke 390. Rumours are rife that Mahindra's new two-wheeler offering is likely to fall in the price range of 2 lakh. The company, which made its comeback with the launch of 110cc Pantero and Centuro in India, is most likely to announce the launch of Mojo 300 in September.
Previous reports suggested that Mahindra Two Wheelers is also developing a 160cc motorcycle, which would challenge Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSI and the TVS Apache RTR160. The company has always been coy about the upcoming product releases and plans. However, the 160cc motorcycle is also speculated for a 2014 launch.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots