'CSI' Spoilers: KISS Gene Simmons Lands Entourage Character and Suspect Role in 'Long Road Home'
By Vanessa Francisco | March 14, 2014 7:05 PM EST
"Extract" star and classic rock band "KISS" frontman Gene Simmons will make a cameo in the next episode of the long-running CBS series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." Simmons will appear on the 17th episode entitled "Long Road Home," which is tentatively scheduled to air this March 2014.
"We are really excited to have Gene Simmons guest star on CSI, playing himself in a rock and roll themed murder mystery," executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill said in a joint statement to The Hollywood Reporter. The world-renowned bass guitar also replied to a tweet from Chris Blanchette asking how his day was going and said: "@ChrisPD_ Fantastic, thanks. I woke up in America. Filming CSI. Having meetings. Living the life."
Warning: Spoilers alert!
"It was a role I was born to play," Simmons told CBS New York. "I was very thrilled when they called me and asked me to play Gene Simmons. Not the first time I have played myself. I did it on Castle and Ugly Betty and in the forthcoming Entourage movie. I have played other roles as well and this was kind of a hybrid. I play myself but I am suspected of murder."
CSI: Long Road Home will feature the Las Vegas CSI team in the middle of an investigation that involves drugs, rock stars and groupies. A prostitute's disappearance and a groupie's death will lead D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) and his whole team to find the links between the crimes and crack the latest case.
Fortunately, Simmons will play as himself and offer a clue of his own to Captain Jim Brass (Paul Guilfoyle). He will be surprised to receive a phone call from a lover he does not remember and while he produces a pair of raunchy ladies underwear with informative DNA that could reveal some answers, his cooperation may still not clear him of suspicion.
Simmons starred in the A&E reality series Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, and has appeared as himself on Castle and Ugly Betty. He co-founded the band KISS in the 1970s and was also known as his stage persona "The Demon." Simmons is also an entrepreneur, record producer, actor and restaurant owner.
CSI airs every Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4