'CSI' Spoilers: KISS Gene Simmons Lands Entourage Character and Suspect Role in 'Long Road Home'
By Vanessa Francisco | March 14, 2014 7:05 PM EST
"Extract" star and classic rock band "KISS" frontman Gene Simmons will make a cameo in the next episode of the long-running CBS series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." Simmons will appear on the 17th episode entitled "Long Road Home," which is tentatively scheduled to air this March 2014.
"We are really excited to have Gene Simmons guest star on CSI, playing himself in a rock and roll themed murder mystery," executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill said in a joint statement to The Hollywood Reporter. The world-renowned bass guitar also replied to a tweet from Chris Blanchette asking how his day was going and said: "@ChrisPD_ Fantastic, thanks. I woke up in America. Filming CSI. Having meetings. Living the life."
Warning: Spoilers alert!
"It was a role I was born to play," Simmons told CBS New York. "I was very thrilled when they called me and asked me to play Gene Simmons. Not the first time I have played myself. I did it on Castle and Ugly Betty and in the forthcoming Entourage movie. I have played other roles as well and this was kind of a hybrid. I play myself but I am suspected of murder."
CSI: Long Road Home will feature the Las Vegas CSI team in the middle of an investigation that involves drugs, rock stars and groupies. A prostitute's disappearance and a groupie's death will lead D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) and his whole team to find the links between the crimes and crack the latest case.
Fortunately, Simmons will play as himself and offer a clue of his own to Captain Jim Brass (Paul Guilfoyle). He will be surprised to receive a phone call from a lover he does not remember and while he produces a pair of raunchy ladies underwear with informative DNA that could reveal some answers, his cooperation may still not clear him of suspicion.
Simmons starred in the A&E reality series Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, and has appeared as himself on Castle and Ugly Betty. He co-founded the band KISS in the 1970s and was also known as his stage persona "The Demon." Simmons is also an entrepreneur, record producer, actor and restaurant owner.
CSI airs every Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools