'CSI' Spoilers: KISS Gene Simmons Lands Entourage Character and Suspect Role in 'Long Road Home'
By Vanessa Francisco | March 14, 2014 7:05 PM EST
"Extract" star and classic rock band "KISS" frontman Gene Simmons will make a cameo in the next episode of the long-running CBS series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." Simmons will appear on the 17th episode entitled "Long Road Home," which is tentatively scheduled to air this March 2014.
"We are really excited to have Gene Simmons guest star on CSI, playing himself in a rock and roll themed murder mystery," executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill said in a joint statement to The Hollywood Reporter. The world-renowned bass guitar also replied to a tweet from Chris Blanchette asking how his day was going and said: "@ChrisPD_ Fantastic, thanks. I woke up in America. Filming CSI. Having meetings. Living the life."
Warning: Spoilers alert!
"It was a role I was born to play," Simmons told CBS New York. "I was very thrilled when they called me and asked me to play Gene Simmons. Not the first time I have played myself. I did it on Castle and Ugly Betty and in the forthcoming Entourage movie. I have played other roles as well and this was kind of a hybrid. I play myself but I am suspected of murder."
CSI: Long Road Home will feature the Las Vegas CSI team in the middle of an investigation that involves drugs, rock stars and groupies. A prostitute's disappearance and a groupie's death will lead D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) and his whole team to find the links between the crimes and crack the latest case.
Fortunately, Simmons will play as himself and offer a clue of his own to Captain Jim Brass (Paul Guilfoyle). He will be surprised to receive a phone call from a lover he does not remember and while he produces a pair of raunchy ladies underwear with informative DNA that could reveal some answers, his cooperation may still not clear him of suspicion.
Simmons starred in the A&E reality series Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, and has appeared as himself on Castle and Ugly Betty. He co-founded the band KISS in the 1970s and was also known as his stage persona "The Demon." Simmons is also an entrepreneur, record producer, actor and restaurant owner.
CSI airs every Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate