'CSI' Spoilers: KISS Gene Simmons Lands Entourage Character and Suspect Role in 'Long Road Home'
By Vanessa Francisco | March 14, 2014 7:05 PM EST
"Extract" star and classic rock band "KISS" frontman Gene Simmons will make a cameo in the next episode of the long-running CBS series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." Simmons will appear on the 17th episode entitled "Long Road Home," which is tentatively scheduled to air this March 2014.
"We are really excited to have Gene Simmons guest star on CSI, playing himself in a rock and roll themed murder mystery," executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Don McGill said in a joint statement to The Hollywood Reporter. The world-renowned bass guitar also replied to a tweet from Chris Blanchette asking how his day was going and said: "@ChrisPD_ Fantastic, thanks. I woke up in America. Filming CSI. Having meetings. Living the life."
Warning: Spoilers alert!
"It was a role I was born to play," Simmons told CBS New York. "I was very thrilled when they called me and asked me to play Gene Simmons. Not the first time I have played myself. I did it on Castle and Ugly Betty and in the forthcoming Entourage movie. I have played other roles as well and this was kind of a hybrid. I play myself but I am suspected of murder."
CSI: Long Road Home will feature the Las Vegas CSI team in the middle of an investigation that involves drugs, rock stars and groupies. A prostitute's disappearance and a groupie's death will lead D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) and his whole team to find the links between the crimes and crack the latest case.
Fortunately, Simmons will play as himself and offer a clue of his own to Captain Jim Brass (Paul Guilfoyle). He will be surprised to receive a phone call from a lover he does not remember and while he produces a pair of raunchy ladies underwear with informative DNA that could reveal some answers, his cooperation may still not clear him of suspicion.
Simmons starred in the A&E reality series Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, and has appeared as himself on Castle and Ugly Betty. He co-founded the band KISS in the 1970s and was also known as his stage persona "The Demon." Simmons is also an entrepreneur, record producer, actor and restaurant owner.
CSI airs every Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related