Google Smartwatch Specifications Leaked; LG Tipped to Manufacture the Wearable Device
By Rohit KVN | March 14, 2014 6:30 PM EST
After forging successful collaboration in smartphone (Nexus 4 and 5 series) business, search engine giant Google has reportedly handed over the rumored Google smartwatch project to LG.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Popular twitter spy, @evleaks has claimed that the Google's rumored smartwatch would be manufactured by the South Korean consumer electronics giant, LG.
And further, the tipster also disclosed that the LG-Google smart wristwatch would boast 1.65-inch IPS LCE screen with 280x280p resolutions and pack 512MB RAM with 4GB in-built storage, however, the CPU chipset is yet to be decided.
The revelation comes just days after the Google's senior vice-president, Sundar Pichai announced that the company would release Android SDK (Software Development Kit) for wearable devices to developers this month, and further added that the goal was to take Android beyond smartphones and tablets to a multi-screen world, leading many to believe that the company's new initiative is to build applications for the smartwatch before it makes the official debut.
According to past reports, Google smartwatch would be able to sync wirelessly with devices like smartphones and intuitively scan and take data like travel schedules from email via Google Now feature and pop notifications to the user.
Going by the features, Google-LG smartwatch specifications are similar to Samsung's recently unveiled Galaxy Gear 2 device sans the display resolution, but the Google device is said to have an upper hand as it is expected to be compatible with many Android smartphones, unlike Gear 2 which is compatible with select Galaxy smartphones.
Rumors are rife that Google-LG smartwatch is expected to get launched at the Google I/O developers' conference which is scheduled to take place on 25 and 26 June this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan